George Weasley- Lass: Part 1 (h)

It was inevitable that you'd at least meet the Weasley twins when considering the facts that you were in the same year as them, you were in Gryffindor and your older brother was Oliver Wood so they knew of you regardless.

As soon as you'd met the twins properly in your second year, with them being in their third, they had made it clear that they wanted to be friends with you – you were smart and had helped them get away with a lot since you'd become close with them.

It wasn't rare for them to come to you with issues on certain pranks or products that they were designing.

Your brother had long since left Hogwarts, and the twins had graduated the past year so you were by yourself in your final year.

The twins, apart from Lee at times and of course Oliver, were your best friends so it was difficult to get through the year without them.

The twins had opened up their shop and were doing incredibly well – for the first half of the summer holidays, your parents had agreed for you to stay with the twins in their flat before you'd go back to Scotland to see your brother and the rest of your family.

You'd been sat on the counter at the front of the shop for a little while, watching Fred and George do their thing but mostly George.

It wasn't until Fred popped up behind you that you realised you'd been staring at George for the past half an hour.

"Whatcha been daydreaming about lass?"

You laughed at him, despite jumping to begin with, and smiled at the familiar nickname – they'd both called you 'lass' ever since hearing your rather distinct accent that went in a pair with your brother's.

"Or maybe the better question is, who have you been staring at?"

"No one Fred."

"How do you know I'm not George?"

You rolled your eyes at one of your best friends. "After however many years of friendship you're really trying that one on me?"

Fred shrugged. "Always worth a shot lass."

"Maybe with a newbie Weasley, but not with me."

Fred smirked at you before disappearing into the back room.

Almost as soon as one twin disappeared the other one appeared right in front of you.

"Hey, we agreed for you to stay here but you could at least help out instead of slacking."

You laughed at George's words and gave him a playful shove.

"Oi! No abusing the boss."

"You're not my boss red."

"That'd be pretty hot though, right?"

You couldn't help but splutter at his words.

"I mean, who wouldn't want to date a boss who is as awesome as me?"

You smiled at him slightly, not too sure what his angle was but also trying to get your head around what he'd just said.

"C'mon lass, it's closing time for us lot – I'll let Fred sort it."

George grabbed your hand and allowed you to jump off the counter, before practically dragging you up the stairs.

You took your usual spot on the sofa, whilst George disappeared into the kitchen.

As you sat there, you became lost in your thoughts.

The past couple of weeks that you'd been staying with the twins, you'd basically done nothing but stare at George – in a non-creepy way of course.

It was like your old school crush was coming back to you but with so much more attached to it.

You were unable to convince yourself that the twins were just like older brothers to you – other people that you could rely on and attach to when your brother left the school.

Maybe Fred was like an older brother, but George most definitely wasn't.

"Daydreaming, again are you?"

George sitting down next to you and actually speaking caused you to jump.

"Don't act like I haven't seen you just sitting there and staring out into space."

"You've watched me?"

He groaned slightly. "You make it sound so creepy."

"You're not creepy George – maybe a little disturbing at times but hey that's just you."

"Oi, those are the exact same things."

"Get you, using that thesaurus Lee got you."

George chuckled, swinging his arm over your shoulder and pulling you into his side with such familiarity that anyone would think you two were a couple.

"I think I love you," you whispered into his jumper but hoping to merlin that he didn't hear you.

It seemed, however, that merlin wasn't on your side.

Only moments after you'd spoken, George sat up and stared down at you in shock.

"You did not just say what I think you just said."

"I didn't say anything," you looked at him cautiously. "You must be hearing things."

George shook his head, standing up as if to gain some sort of handle on whatever was going on for him.

He was looking down at you but with an unreadable expression on his face.

"I know I've wanted this moment for a long time Y/N," he breathed out. "But not even I would imagine hearing you say those words."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request