Bill Weasley- Promise: Part 3 (h)

Leaving Bill to go back to Hogwarts was probably one of the hardest things you'd done in a while.

After his confession, and you essentially admitting to your age-long crush, the two of you had talked through pretty much everything.

For obvious reasons you wanted to make sure that he was ready to consider being in a new relationship given how long he was with Fleur.

Once you felt fully reassured and Bill had asked you out on a date for Sunday, you felt like you were dreaming.

You never thought that you and Bill would have anything beyond your friendship, but you wanted to see where it went.

As it was coming up to Christmas, and you and Bill had been together for just over a month, you were getting ready to head to the Burrow for the break as your parents were going overseas.

Because you could already apparate, McGonagall had agreed to let you apparate yourself and Ginny to the Burrow to save the whole usual journey home to London.

Neither you nor Bill had told his family about the two of you due to wanting to wait until the Christmas break so that you could have a bit of time to adjust just you and not with his family interfering – not that they would have of course but it wouldn't have been the most peaceful time.

Molly was there to greet you and her daughter as soon as you both arrived, you were told that you were going to be sleeping in Percy's old room as Percy was unable to make it that year.

As you were sorting out your things for the break Bill came in through the bedroom door.

"Hello there," he greeted you as he wrapped his arms around you.

You smiled and turned around in his arms. "I thought you weren't getting here until Christmas Eve?"

He shrugged, kissing you gently. "I got more leave from Gringotts than I thought I would, so I came early."

Smiling you relaxed into his touch and it all felt so familiar, so right.

Bill held you a little bit tighter as he pressed a kiss to the top of your head.

"So, this is it yeah?" you questioned out loud. "This is where the scrutiny starts."

Sighing, Bill lifted your chin up with the tip of his finger so that you were looking up at him. "Scrutiny? What scrutiny?"

You shrugged. "The fact that you weren't even divorced a month ago and yet here we are together."

"All our family is going to care about is that we're both happy," he told you with finality.

"They're your family Bill, they kind of just have me around every so often."

Bill shook his head, squeezing your waist. "They're just as much your family as they are mine, you wouldn't get a jumper every year if you weren't."

You smiled at his reassurance, and so once you'd unpacked all of your things you and Bill headed downstairs hand in hand.

Pretty much everyone was sat in the living room, but Ginny was helping Molly in the kitchen with preparing dinner for everyone that evening.

When you and Bill headed into the living room, they noticed you and Bill holding hands – the twins were the first to shoot up in surprise.

"What is going on here?!" George questioned frantically.

"My thoughts indeed!" Fred seconded as he shot his older brother a look.

Bill chuckled at the twins. "I thought I should introduce you all to my girlfriend."

"But that's our Y/N!" Fred exclaimed as he turned to George with an incredulous look on his face.

George mimicked his twin's expression. "Exactly! That is our Y/N! You can't just take her away."

At hearing the twin's shouts, Molly came through to the living room and a shocked gasp came from her mouth at yours and Bill's joined hands.

"Oh my," she breathed out. "I can't say I'm surprised."

You smiled at Molly's words, and as soon as her acceptance was clear everyone else couldn't have been more accepting.

It wasn't going to be easy or simple but sometimes it wasn't meant to be.

~*~

Written by Hannah.