Gilderoy Lockhart- Duelling (a)

"Okay students." Professor Lockhart stood proudly upon the duelling platform; his wand raised to draw attention from the bustle of students waiting to get stuck into the exciting world of duelling. Ginny had come along but as usual she tried her best to look disinterested even though you knew the thought of possibly causing pain to other students would be the one thing that brought a smile to her face.

"If we all stand in a line maybe and I'm sure than I can figure out which one of you little sparks will be duelling material." You and the rest of the fresh faced students followed his commands, standing in a line whilst he moved up and down, pointing at people and telling them to either go to what he deemed to be the 'good' duellers side or the 'bad' duellers side, even though this was the first lesson and no actual duelling had happened yet. "Oh no, oh no." He looked towards you and Ginny, "this will not do." With the false confidence that you had come to expect from him he rose his finger and pulled you forward, "I can see that you young man will make a great dueller, this girl however will probably not be so fine with the wand."

He ordered the rest of the students to form an audience as he pushed the two of you towards the centre of the platform. "As your introduction to this club, you will watch the very first duel take place. This is only a spar mind, so I don't want to see any blood or any body parts that do not have a body to go with them." Very briefly he touched over the rules of the competition and how it would happen, making sure that you both at least knew of the spells that would come in handy.

"Okay then children." He rose his wand like a starting pistol and a small bang protruded from the tip. You had barely made it to the ten steps before Ginny had fired a bolt of magic into your back, sending you hurtling forwards and off the platform, falling to the ground much to the amusement of your classmates.

"You must have cheated." The professor scorned Ginny even though she very clearly had done nothing wrong and was only following the rules that had been provided to her.

"Go and wait outside..." He rushed over to check that you were okay. "I will call you in when I believe you are ready to be less disruptive." Ginny's face grew red as she rose her wand to his turned back.