Fred Weasley- Utilise (c)

It was always a given that meeting the parents would be nerve wracking and wouldn't always be smooth sailing, but it was an event that just had to happen.

Fred had met your parents at Christmas, as the two of you had been together for around six months by that point so it was only fair that you stayed with Fred over the summer.

The only downside with that was that you'd never met Fred's parents before – they'd heard about you of course, and Molly had written you a couple of letters, so you'd be able to get to know each other slightly but that didn't stop you from being nervous.

Your parents had booked their own holiday for the summer, so it was either meet Fred's parents and his entire family or stay at your house by yourself.

"Love, you okay?" Fred questioned as the two of you started to gather your things for getting off the train.

"Just nervous, that's all."

He smiled, pulling you into his side as he pressed a kiss to the side of your head. "Mum and you have been writing though."

You nodded in acknowledgement. "It was only a couple of letters, but I haven't met your Dad or the rest of your siblings."

"Charlie is still in Romania, Bill is in Egypt, but the rest should be there – just ignore Percy though as he's such a ponce."

As you laughed at his words you caught him smiling at you out of the corner of your eye.

"And besides, you're my gorgeous girlfriend who will fit in perfectly with my family."

You smiled up at him. "I'm not ginger."

He chuckled at your words but shook his head with a fond look on his face. "I love you Sweetheart."

"I love you too Troublemaker."

Soon enough the two of you were off the train and whisked away to the Burrow.

Molly answered the door, and everyone was welcomed with hugs and kisses whilst Fred stayed back with you.

The two of you were the last to enter – the kind smile on Molly's face helped to calm your nerves ever so slightly.

Her smile widened when she saw you on Fred's arm.

"Oh Y/N dear! It's so lovely to finally meet you."

She pulled you into a hug before you even had a chance to reply.

"Please, come in, come in."

She bundled you and Fred into the house, talking as she did so, and you stood there as Percy stared at you in confusion.

You had met Fred's younger siblings, and of course George, at Hogwarts but Percy was no longer there.

"It's nice to meet you Mr Weasley," you greeted Arthur once he had finished hugging Ginny.

Arthur turned to you with a smile on his face. "Oh, don't be silly, call me Arthur."

You smiled at him. "Are you sure you don't mind me staying this summer?"

Suddenly Fred appeared by your side, slipping his arm around your waist, causing Arthur to smile again.

"I was just introducing myself to your Dad."

"So, I can see my love," he stated as he pressed a kiss to your hair. "And of course, we're all happy to have you staying with us – more time for me to spend with you and more time for my parents to get to know you."

You laughed at him, cuddling up to his side.

"I should help Molly in the kitchen – the two of you can join the rest of them in the living room."

Fred guided you to the living room before sitting down on the sofa and taking the place next to you.

Percy turned his head to you but didn't say anything leaving you confused. However, you weren't too sure on what to say to him, so you kept quiet.

Fred groaned from the seat next to you.

"She won't bite Perce, you can talk to her."

"I don't know her."

Your boyfriend rolled his eyes at his brother's comment.

George spoke up with a smirk on his face. "Talking is how you get to know someone you ponce."

Fred chuckled before high-fiving his twin.

You smiled over at George, having gotten close with him since starting your relationship with Fred.

"I'm sure you'll be seeing me a lot over the summer Percy, so we'll have a lot of chances to get to know each other."

Percy smiled with a nod in your direction.

Fred stood up offering you his hand.

"C'mon Love, let's go and get you settled in your room."

You took Fred's hand and then followed him upstairs.

"You will be staying here," Fred stated as he motioned to the room.

"This looks like your room."

He chuckled. "That's because it is my room – I share with George."

"And I'm staying here why?"

He shrugged, sitting down on one of the beds. "Mum said you could have my bed, on the condition that I sleep on the floor."

You laughed. "And you're going to stay on the floor?"

Your boyfriend smirked as he pulled you down onto the bed next to him. "What my mother doesn't know, my dear, won't hurt her."

"She's a witch."

"And I'm a wizard."

You couldn't help but smile into the kiss he gave you.

"Now, let me show you how to utilise a silencing spell."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.