Remus Lupin- Pain (a)

He sat on the edge of the bed, writhing in pain and barely able to form any sentences, his hands clutched and grabbed at the hair on the back of his head until his hands revealed clumps of hair that began to drift to the quilt but were disturbed by his erratic and pained movements. His face gleamed and shone with sweat, it dampened his clothes to the point where they stuck to his chest.

"Please y/n... Stop this please..." He barely managed to talk, his speech was broken and laboured as were his breaths as the elongated nails began to break through his skin.

"I don't know what to do!" Tears cascaded down your face and crashed onto the hardwood floor.

"You know what to do..." as if by some miracle he was able to sit still "you know what to do y/n, get the restraints. We don't have much time." The fear had rendered you unable to move, the ghostly chill that always accompanied these crept down your spine.

"GO!" He shouted before lying down on the bed and spreading his arms to the side. It had always pained you seeing this, but you knew what you were in for. Tears made it hard to see the holes in the belts but you had to do it for him. You had just managed to get the final restraint on him before he was unable to control the beast inside of him any longer. His soft and sensitive lips curled into a vicious snarl, and his teeth sharpened themselves into elongated fangs. His back twitched and mangled itself into an amalgamation of coarse fur and blotched and blemished hide-like skin.

"GO!" He barked the order at you, his once mellifluous voice had become gnarled and much deeper than what it was.

"I'm not going Remus... I am staying by your side whether you like it or not, I made sure you are safe."

"I will be safe my love... It is you I am worried for. What happens if I break free-"

"You can not escape, Remus." A monstrous howl erupted from it's...his mouth.

"GO! NOW!"

His arms and legs flailed as his instinct drove him to try and escape his chains, the legs of the bed shook and rattled and creaked, the leather of the belt contorted and screeched. There was no point in staying any longer, he did not even know who you were now. You would return in the morning but until then, Remus did not exist.

~*~

Written by Aaron.