James Potter- Potions Class (a)

"Okay class..." Professor Slughorn raised his hand into the air, in it's chubby fingers he clutched a bushel of tangled, mud brown roots... "can anybody tell me what this is and what it may be used for.

"Miss Meadowes..." You turned around to see a rather pretty girl, with bright, blue eyes and slightly curled dirty-blonde hair.

"I think that's the... uumm... valerian root Sir? Used primarily in the... uumm... draught of the living dead?"

"Aahh." Professor Slughorn clapped his hands excitedly before shouting out another question.

"Fantastic work Miss Meadowes, five points to Gryffindor. Now, can anybody else tell me what are the effects of the draught of the living dead."

Meadowes's hand shot up once more, Professor Slughorn pretended to ignore her, scouring the room for any kind of sign that somebody else knew.

"Anybody? Draught of the living dead? Anyone? No?" He sighed and gave in. "Okay Miss Mea-"

He was interrupted by an outburst of laughter, that came from somewhere in the centre of the class. You and everybody else in the class turned your head to look at the culprit, you saw Remus, a boy with short, messy hair and a face embellished with a scar running across his cheekbone, nudge his laughing friend in the ribs.

The culprit, James Potter sat up from his slouched position and cleared his throat.

"Mr Potter." Professor Slughorn's face turned a deep shade of red.

Sirius, the friend on James other side, continued to whisper something into James's ear that continued to make James snigger.

"If you disrupt my class once more, I will... uumm... do something... and you will not like it." The colour quickly drained from Slughorn's face as he continued to teach.

A sheepish student sat in the front row sneered back at the group, overlooking a crooked nose.

"Absolute buffoons." He spoke loud enough for the group to hear.

"Come on Snivellus, lighten up a bit will you? For Merlin's sake, it's only potions."

The greasy haired boy stood up and slammed his hands on the desk, staring back intently at the group.

"Now, now." Professor Slughorn regained attention of the class . "Let's all be nice, theirs only 15 minutes of class left, Filch hasn't been here long and we don't want him scraping one of you off the walls."

The black haired Slytherin sat back down.

"I often wonder which decision went wrong that lead to me being in the presence of such an idiot." He clasped his head in his hands as the three Gryffindors continued to mess around in his beloved potions class.

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Requested by