Regulus Black- Friendship: Part 2 (c)

Even though you were complete opposites, you did enjoy spending time together. Being in different houses did make it relatively hard, seen as mealtimes forced you apart, along with issues in getting into each other's common rooms. It wasn't too hard to let him into your common room seen as your Hufflepuff friends didn't mind, whereas the Slytherin's weren't as welcoming to you visiting his common room. Your time together was mainly limited to after class or the weekends, especially if the weather was nice as it meant you could sit out by the Black Lake, as the two of you decided to do today.

It was one of the few days where the sun shone over Britain allowing you to embrace the limited summer and spend it outdoors. Most people took advantage of the heat, coming out to spend time on the grass, the two of you had taken the shade underneath one of the large trees.

Regulus had a grimace on his face, not fond of the sunshine nor being outdoors whereas you enjoyed getting to spend time in the sun. He was frowning under the tree doing his best to avoid the sunshine coming anywhere near him, whilst you sat opposite him but letting the sun beat down on you. You attempted to make conversation with him, but you pretty much only received grunts in return.

Seen as he wasn't going to cheer up just from the sunshine, you were going to force him to smile and be far more chipper. You pulled small little daisies from the grass, using your nail to pierce the stem so that you could thread the next stem through it. You kept following that routine until you were able to link the two ends together to create a circle.

Crawling across the grass, you had a mischievous grin on your face which unsettled Regulus as it never meant something good for him.

"What are you doing?" He frowned.

"Nothing," you smiled using a sing-song voice attempting to seem innocent.

He shuffled to the side to make space between the two of you, nervous by your evil grin.

"Y/N," he said in a warning tone.

"Regulus," you retorted.

You leaped forward to pin him against the tree so that you would be able to get the flower crown on top of his head. The small dainty daisy petals stood out against his long dark hair.

"You look beautiful Reg," you smiled.

He rolled his eyes at you, the smallest of smiles crawling onto his face.

"There's the beautiful smile," you grinned. "I knew I could get you to smile."

"Of course," he grunted, still holding the smile on his face.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by