Luna Lovegood- Hate (a)

She normally sat by herself, tucked into the very end corner of the great hall, probably hoping that nobody would try and interact with her. You tried to do the same, finding a nice secluded part of the great hall was far greater than being stuck in the hustle and bustle every time that there was a meal, it was far preferable, and it meant that you never got stuck in that little drama that Potter and Malfoy had going on.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" She timidly looked up from the book that she had buried her nose into, you couldn't quite catch the full name, but it looked to be some kind of bestiary, and gently nodded her head. You don't think you had ever seen anybody sat next to her in the many years that you both had been attending the school. "Not much of a people person?" A bookmark apparated into her hand, which she gently slid between the well-read pages and as quickly as the page holder had appeared, the book had disappeared, leaving only a plate of mostly untouched food in front of her.

"Not particularly, I find my own company to be slightly more pleasant. Not that there is anything wrong with your company, most people just don't understand me most of the time."

"I get what you're saying, I hate 99.99% of people in this place, not really much chance to get away though is there, not a moments peace in this place. If it's not the teachers it's the students, and if it isn't the student it's a ghost." The feintest of chuckles spilled from her pale lips.

"You can't hate that many people, you can't have spoken to that many, and besides, just because you don't like them, doesn't mean that you hate them. Hate is a burning distain for somebody. Do you hate me? Do you look at me and deep-down feel such an intense stir of emotion that you can't bare to be around me?" Even though the words were somewhat inspirational, her tone lacked the emotional backing, and for the most part, she spoke whilst looking down at the hardwood table.

"Well no, I don't know you."

"Exactly. You can't hate somebody that you haven't spoken to. Don't worry though, like I said before, the students in here are not a part of my greatest interests, you seem okay though."

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.