Draco Malfoy- Potions (c)

"It doesn't even count towards our final grade," Draco huffed. "There's no point in doing it."

"I'd rather not get detention," you frowned.

"Well I think that you should do it," he shrugged. "You could use the extra work; your potions are never quite up to scratch are they."

You gritted your teeth and did your best to not let your anger overcome you and make you injure him. Just being in the same class as Draco Malfoy was painful enough but now the two of you were partnered together. Names had been randomly drawn from a hat and you had been lucky enough to pick his name, forcing you to want to gauge your eyes out or impale him on your wand.

Potions wasn't your favourite class; it had never been something you enjoyed but you weren't bad at it per se. You never got the best grades, but you certainly didn't fail the exams, you passed with a fair bit of leniency. You definitely needed some help if it meant you were going to get the best possible grade but Draco wasn't going to assist on this project, rather expect you to do all of the work and then complain when it isn't up to his standards- not that he was much better than you.

"It's a partnered project, you need to do some of the work," you stated. "I'm not doing it on my own."

"There's no point in me doing it. Your stupidity will ruin it anyway."

You shot him a look as you hoped you had become telekinetic and could make his head explode simply with a sour look. No such luck.

"Kiss my arse!" You said slightly too loud, gaining attention of the rest of the class.

You cowered in your seat, letting everyone focus on what they were doing instead, leaving you and Draco to continue to bicker.

"Malfoy!" You said in a harsh whisper, not wishing for others to continue to overhear the conversation. "You need to do your share of the work, or I will make sure your name is on the project and let it explode on Snape's face when he tests it."

He narrowed his eyes at you, before letting out a dramatic sigh, knowing you were willing to sabotage your grade if it meant getting equal with him.

"Fine but you better listen to what I tell you to do," he spat.

"I'll think about it."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.