Jacob Kowalski- Husband (c)

Your husband worked hard all day at his bakery, so you didn't see issue in making dinner every night seen as you worked from home so had the time. You had made dinner so that you were dishing it up as the front door opened. Finishing with the dishing up, your husband had made his way into the kitchen with you, pressing his lips to your cheek, wrapping his arms around you.

"Hello, Love," he said softly.

You rotated in his arms, so that you could see his sweet smile. Leaning in you kissed his lips before taking a moment to appreciate the man whom you had married.

"Welcome home darling," you smiled. "Dinner is ready."

"Thank you," he said grabbing the plate of food that you had prepared for him, following the lead for the two of you to head to the table.

The two of you sat down opposite each other with your hot meal but neither of you could care about the food, just happy to have each other. You reached out your hand across the table to take his for a moment.

"I missed you today," you whispered.

"I missed you too," he responded. "I am just glad to be back home with you, today has been a long day."

You rolled your eyes at him. "You didn't miss me."

He raised your hand to his lips so that he could kiss it. "Any moment that you aren't with me, I miss seeing your smile."

A red hue came upon your cheeks, still struggling to take compliments even from the man whom you had been married to for years. He was everything that you could have ever wanted from someone and you sometimes struggled to see what he saw in you as you didn't always think yourself worthy of his love.

"You're just being silly Jacob," you commented.

Jacob shook his head, giving your hand a gentle squeeze to reassure you.

"You are the single best thing that has happened to me," he smiled. "I could lose the bakery, lose the house, lose everything else that we have but as long as I still have your smile in my life then I have everything I could have ever wanted."

Although sometimes you doubted his love for you, now you couldn't deny it. You were beyond flattered to have his kindness and love in your life.

"I love you," you smiled warmly.

"I love you so much more."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.