Remus Lupin- Soufflé (c)

Your husband had done a lot for you, more than you could have ever wanted from him, even just through the happiness that he brought you. You made sure he knew that you loved him however today you felt like you needed to do more just to prove that you loved him more than anything. It had taken you a while to think through what you wanted to do for him, but with a lot of thought and quite a bit of practice you were set on what to do.

As you did most nights when he worked, you would cook dinner for the two of you due to finishing work before him. It wasn't too special as you weren't the best cook and you had something a bit more special planned. Once he finished eating, he went to leave the dining table, but you told him to sit back down as there was a surprise.

Having looked at several recipes and trying to find something perfect, you had settled on making a chocolate soufflé, which hadn't gone too bad. You carefully took it into the dining room, placing it in front of him. He looked frankly confused.

"You made dessert?" He questioned.

You nodded your head. "Chocolate soufflé. I'm sorry if it tastes of crap, but I tried my best. I know you love chocolate; I don't know if you'll love this."

He gave you a soft smile, dipping his spoon in and tasting some of the dessert you had made for him. You stared at him, focusing on his reaction to see whether it was truly a treat or if you had poisoned your husband.

Remus let out a noise that seemed only suitable for the bedroom. He took another spoonful letting out another noise expressing his enjoyment.

"Good?" You asked hesitantly, hoping they were good noises, not him choking or nearing death.

He looked lovingly towards the dish before him, before giving you the same look.

"I think I'm in love," he smiled gleefully. "And not just with this soufflé."

You couldn't help but grin like a madman at him. He actually liked it.

He reached a hand up to cup your cheek, brushing his thumb over your skin.

"Merlin, I love you Y/N," he smiled, pulling you towards him for a kiss.

As you pulled away from the kiss, you shared the same happy smile and look of love. "I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by