Ginny Weasley- Broken (c)

Trigger Warning- Focuses on depression and self harm

Looking down at the scars that were scattered over your wrists, knowing the darkness that they held. Each had a memory you were forcing yourself to remember even though they brought tears to your eyes and ripped your heart in two. They reminded you of the hell you had been through and how you attempted to cope with it. Shame filled you as you looked at them, forcing you to pull down your sleeves to hide them when Ginny came into the room.

You had always liked her, loved her, but you knew she didn't see you in the same way. How could anyone ever like you? How could anyone ever love you?

Although you were able to hide the scars, you couldn't hide the tears that had tumbled down your cheeks.

"What's wrong Y/N?" She asked, looking concerned.

You did your best to hide your depression, you didn't want Ginny to pity you. It was your weight to bear and you didn't want anyone else to have to put up with that.

"Nothing," you whispered, wiping your tears with your long sleeves.

"Don't lie to me," she stated, sitting down beside you, resting a hand onto your arm to support you.

In her attempting to comfort you, your sleeve had slipped up revealing the dark lines across your skin. You felt embarrassed by what she could see, you hoped she would never know of your self-loathing, the pain you felt daily, but now she did.

"Oh Y/N," She said softly. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry," you sniffed. "It's not your fault. It's not your fault that I am unlovable and worthless."

Ginny shook her head. "Don't be daft."

"I'm not being daft. I mean nothing, no one would notice if I disappeared."

She grabbed your upper arm firmly but not painfully, making sure that you looked her in the eye.

"You mean everything to me. I love you for Merlin's sake," she stated forcefully.

You couldn't help but cry. It couldn't be true. You felt so alone and lost, why would someone like Ginny, someone you cared for, ever feel anything positive towards you.

"Look at me! I'm broken. No one could ever love me," you whispered, a painful tone escaping you.

She gave you a gentle and reassuring smile. Ginny always knew how to help even in the smallest of ways.

"Well I am here to help put the pieces back together again."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by