Bill Weasley- Fleur (c)

The Battle of Hogwarts ended the war, but it didn't mean that there was any less pain and suffering that had previously come from the war. Many innocent and young people met their end, but they lost their lives to the name of a free world for wizards and witches alike. It was a horrendous end for most but knowing it was over for now, that there was no longer a war to fight, that life could rest, it let a heavy weight remove itself from your shoulders.

Even with the war over it didn't mean everything was going well. Heartbreak was always there to follow.

You expected with the war over, your life would fall back into its normal drawl, working and trying to keep your head above water. You certainly didn't expect your best friend to be asking to stay at your home, not wishing to go home due to his wife having decided to leave.

Bill and you had been best friends for the longest time, your mothers having been friends beforehand. They suspected that the two of you would fall in love and wed as you were the same age, until you realised you were far more interested in women than men. The two of you stayed best friends throughout school and both went on to work for Gringotts. He went on to marry Fleur, whom he was desperately in love with and they hoped their marriage in the midst of the war would brighten life. It did. At least for then.

A month after the war had ended, Bill was in your house, tears coating his scarred cheeks, you held him close and hoping to make him smile again.

"She said she wanted to go back to France and marrying me was just due to being blinded by the war," he sobbed onto your shoulder. "I don't know how she could say that. I love her."

"I know," you cooed, trying to calm him down. "Maybe she just needs some time to think. Sometimes people do things they think will work out, but they just don't. It doesn't mean that is on you, it may just be that she didn't think everything through beforehand or that now she needs a breather and to think it through. Just give her time and then she can explain why she has done what she has done."

"I love her so much, and it hurts to know that she can walk away from it all so easily."

You nodded your head. "I know Bill, but you don't know the whole story. Send her an owl next week and see what she says?"

He sighed but agreed, using his sleeve to wipe away his tears.

"Thank you," he whispered through his tears.

"You're welcome, now lets get the spare bed set up for you and get you a towel so you can freshen up," you offered, heading off to make your home welcoming to your unexpected visitor.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by