Narcissa Black- Auntie (c)

"I'm pregnant."

There was no point beating around the bush, you were having a baby with a man whom you were engaged to, there was no reason to hide it anymore especially not to your best friend Narcissa. She had been your friend since you started Hogwarts, but that was years before and the two of you were happily friends in the real world. She had married a pure-blooded Slytherin, whilst your fiancé was a muggleborn Hufflepuff. As a member of the Black family, she followed those ideals, blood purity was an important element for her, so she wasn't a fan of the fact that yourself as a pureblood, was in a relationship with a muggleborn; she overlooked it most of the time due to caring about your happiness.

As you told her, you realised it wasn't going to be too easy to get her to be happy for you and put her thoughts of blood purity behind her. Her eyebrow raised at you, before they both furrowed as her attention turned towards your fiancé.

"You got her pregnant?! What were you thinking?" She exclaimed at him.

He seemed shocked by her outburst, but you held his hand softly before turning back towards Narcissa, not appreciating how she spoke to your fiancé.

"Narcissa!" You said firmly. "We are to be married, having a child is only the logical next step."

She frowned at you. "He is a muggleborn, you are carrying an impure child."

You cocked your eyebrow at her. You knew she had bigoted views but usually she could overlook them for the sake of your happiness.

"Only by your standards. My child will be loved, it does not matter whether they are a half-blood witch or wizards. All that matters is that they are happy and healthy and loved."

She stopped for a moment, letting out a sigh, realising how her bigotry had affected her views.

"My apologies Y/N."

"I appreciate your apology Narcissa, however your bigoted views will not affect my relationship with my fiancé nor the fact that we're having a baby whom will be a half-blood. I know it is hard for you to accept that blood status does not affect the relationship one has with her friends. However, I am certain you will overlook such bigotry when you are an auntie."

She smiled fondly at you. "An auntie?"

"Yes, of course our child needs their Auntie Narcissa."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by