Charlie Weasley- Settle In: Part 1 (h)

If someone had told you that you'd get your dream job within weeks of leaving school, you wouldn't have believed them.

However, luckily for you, that was exactly what had happened.

A matter of weeks after leaving Hogwarts, the head of a dragon reserve out in Romania had owled you to say that they'd would take you on as a keeper.

You couldn't quite believe it as you had no experience whatsoever in the field but with glowing letters of recommendation from both your Care of Magical Creatures professor and your head of house the head of the reserve had been convinced to give you a chance.

And so only a day after the owl, you were preparing to take an international portkey out to Romania.

Travelling by portkey was always an unsettling experience but it did the job of getting you over there.

When you arrived, the head of the reserve was there to greet you.

"Miss Y/L/N I presume?" he questioned as he approached you. "We don't have many fresh faces around here."

You laughed at his words but shook his hand when he offered it. "Please call me Y/N."

He nodded in response and then offered to show you to your cottage which had been prepared for you.

You took note of your surroundings as you walked - after being in such a rural place for your school years, it was comforting to still have the opportunity to be in such a gorgeous and rural place.

Not to mention working with your favourite kind of creatures.

"This is beautiful," you breathed out as he opened the front door.

The head chucked but smiled kindly at you. "I'll ask our chief keeper to come and help you settle in."

And with that the head left you with your things in your new living room as you stood still not believing your luck.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when a knock at the door came.

Opening the door, you saw a rather familiar face behind it.

"Y/N?"

"Charlie?"

"What are the chances that the Romanian reserve I'm taken on by is the one your work at huh?"

Charlie chuckled, pulling you into a hug. "There aren't many out here love."

You rolled your eyes at him but invited him in.

"What are the chances of the twins' best friend getting shipped out here," he joked back to you.

You smiled at him. "It's a good to have a familiar face around."

"And I'm lucky to have such a beautiful new keeper around."

Not being able to help the smile that crossed your face, as well as the blush creeping up your neck, you pulled Charlie into another hug.

Throughout your years at Hogwarts you'd been close with Fred and George, and by extension has gotten close to his family, so you were there for most of Charlie's rare visits.

The twins had teased you endlessly about your crush on their elder brother, but you'd never thought you'd be able to act on it.

But with Charlie smiling at you so, you couldn't help but be quietly confident at the prospect of something more than friends developing.

Unbeknownst to you, Charlie was thinking the exact same thing.

~*~

Written by Hannah.