1

Leah's pov

"Sofia hurry up before you miss the buss!" I yell out to my daughter as I get ready myself.

Waking up every morning super early to go take a train that takes 30 minutes to get to my job, which is a hassle but I do that all for my daughter. We don't have a car and my job is at the fancy restaurant. I'm a waitress but we get paid a little more than average restaurants. My daughter, Sofia, goes to a private school. She's been going to this same school even before her dad left us. I was a stay at home mom and he made all the money but left us with only enough to get ourselves an apartment. She didn't have much of a connection with him because she didn't even like him. He was always doing something bad and treated me bad too. I'm just glad he never got mad to the point that he'd physically hurt me. I'm over him though. My love is all to my daughter and I just want her to grow up to a mature independent girl who does the right things. The public schools around are..eh. I could be sending her to that school instead but I really want her to stay at the school she's at right now. Even since she's used to it. It'll be hard for her to switch schools just like that.

We live in this small but nice apartment. I'm trying my best to keep up with all the bills. I always borrow from my sisters and parents but it's just hard cause I have to pay them back and can't spend the money I earn since it's for bills and shit. Also I have a business degree. Ive gotten myself a great job before Sofia was even in the picture but then things happened when I got more into my exes life and yea. I've been applying for everywhere. So far nothing. But I'll keep trying.

"Mom did you make my lunch yet?"

"Oh fu- no. Shoot. Here I'll give you money and buy lunch today then I'll make you a big meal when you get home so you won't starve since the food at school isn't that big"

"Are you sure Mom? I can wait till later"

"No sofia you need to eat"

"Ugh. Okay"

She asks that because she's worried about the money I spend. I'm careful on my money and Sofia can't just skip a meal.

"Okay my bus is here. See you later! Love you"

"Love you too baby be safe"

After she left I finished getting ready and rushed to get to the train station so I can get to work.
-
"Excuse miss?"

"Oh yes? Everything alright?"

"No. I ordered the full chicken breast that came with the meal and I got half."

"Oh I'm sorry about that. You pointed to the half so-"

"I wanted the full one. Can you change it?"

"I could bring you the other half alone without all the sides. You'll be charged the price of the full if you order it now since you ate from that already"

"Well I was hungry but I didn't get what I ordered"

This bitch is really testing me right now. What kind of excuse.

"I'm sorry but I could only bring you half unless you'd be okay being charged for another full meal"

This went on for a while. She ended up talking to my manager and he said the same thing so I'm not wrong. Bitch thought.

Today was just a bad day. I've had worst though. I have good and bad days here. Rude customers don't realize what we go through but it is our job so I have to deal with it.

I later got home. Sofia gets home in 2 hours so I usually nap between that time only if I'm not busy.

-

"I'm home!" "Hi baby how was your day?" I ask her "good. I'm tired but I'm excited for my field trip tomorrow don't forget my lunch please" "I won't forget. Oh and finish your homework right away. Your grandparents are coming to go out for dinner."

"Whose paying?" She asks me "they are don't worry"

"Okay good. I don't have homework because we don't need to bring anything but lunch tomorrow"

"Oh yeah right. Okay then. They're coming at 7:30"

I've always thought to myself that I need to find a new man for myself and for a little help..or a woman. I like girls too. That's one of the stupid reasons why he left me. But that's a whole other story. I mean I won't ask but later on in the relationship of course they'd offer to help with something. I'm not the type to date someone just for money because I had my own money before my recent ex. Everything just ruined after he left. I'm glad I have sofia though. Even though it's hard I still try. But if I actually try and look for someone I'd be so distracted and not finish up my priorities so I think it's best if I just let love come to me.

Another jeleah fic! Boring first chapter but it'll go somewhere dont worry 😂 I'm finally posting this fic that I've been waiting put up but I decided to post up my other one "A beautiful disaster" before this one but since that one is done here's a new one. Hope you guys like it! If you haven't read "A beautiful Disaster" you should go check that out too lol :)