16

Leah's pov

"It's over?? Shit I- I'm so sorry I fell asleep."

"It's fine" She says and stands up and we leave the theatre.

"Jen I'm really sorry. I feel like an asshole falling asleep on a movie date" I tell her as we walk in the ice cream shop in the same plaza as the theater.
"You're fine Leah don't worry. It was a boring movie anyways."

"No it wasn't! I feel bad. I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately and since it was all dark and shit in there..I guess I fell asleep. I tried so hard to stay awake too"

Jen looked away from the ice cream selections and looked at me. Those eyes.. "It's fine Leah. I'm just glad we're on a date" she smiles then looks back at the ice cream. I screwed up. I hate myself. I'm finally on a date with this hot girl..and I fucked up.

"Can I have one scoop of chocolate chip?" She asks tippy toeing talking to the employee since those sneeze guard glass things that protects the ice cream was too high. I looked down automatically and saw her ass which is huge. Do I really wanna fuck up again when I have a chance with that? Nope. I gotta do better

"What flavor do you want Leah?" She asks me. "Umm. I'll have chocolate chip also"

"One scoop?"

"Yeah. I'll pay"

"Noo" she looks and pouts. "Come on you paid for dinner." "But you paid for the movies. I was supposed to pay for this whole night."

"You're the one driving me. It won't hurt just to pay for the ice cream. Don't worry. On me" I say and pay. "Ugh..fine. Thank you" She says and just leans her head on my shoulder while waiting to get the receipt. I'm really mad at myself. This night went by too quick. Especially cause I fell asleep. But I really haven't been getting sleep. I've been waking up super early and sleeping late. I have to make it up to her. But also I can't keep spending money till I get my check.

Later we got to my apartment. Jen came upstairs with me to stay for just a little since she didn't want to be alone since Emme isn't with her. We just sat on the couch watching tv. I noticed she was play with her fingers. She couldn't just stay still but it was cute.

"You know what I'm scared of?" She randomly says "what is it?" "When Emme grows up. When she understands everything and becomes a teenager. I'm scared she'll become like many teens who do shit behind their parents back even though they convince you to trust them. She's my first baby and I just..I don't want her to grow up. I mean it'll be great and all. She'll look even more like me and be a younger version of me but..I don't know."

"Oh I get you. I feel the same way about Sofia"

"Sofia's such a good girl it's crazy. She seems like she knows more than other kids her age."

"So is Emme"

"Emme.. well she's in kinder. She knows a lot already but She's still a baby.. but also learning more. Sofia is older and understands a bit more than Emme. You've taught her well and I feel like she'll be a really good person when she's older."

"I'm sure Emme will be also. You're an amazing mom from what I know of. She's lucky that she has you as a mom who works so hard even after your ex husband leaving you two like that. Like you said he doesn't help? He barely talks to you guys? I think you're one of the strongest moms I've ever met even though we met not too long ago." I tell her and she was staring. "You work so hard too! It amazes me. You just described what I think about you. I'm not that great compared to you.."

"Jen stop putting yourself down. You always say something like that when I say something good about you"

"I feel like you just say that just to say that"

"Well I don't. I actually mean it"

She looks down and bites her nail then her phone started to ring. "Oh- it's Lilly's Mom" she says then answers it. "Hello?" She says then looks up at me seeming confused. "Oh yeah. Is she okay?.... oh okay" she looks away from me and starting playing with a piece of thread from her jeans. "Hi baby what's up?" She says. I'm assuming it's Emme. "I miss you toooo... I'll pick you up around 12? Then I'll take you sofia and Leah to lunch tomorrow....Okay haha." She looks up at me and smiles and closes her eyes. I could tell how much love she has for Emme just by the way she acts. "Really? That sounds fun!...me too...Okay goodnight. Sweet dreams....I love you more. Give the phone to Sofia after baby." She looks up at me then hands me the phone. "Oh thank you" I giggled and talked to sofia for a little and told her good night.

"Ima get going now" she says and stands up. "Oh okay." "I'll pick you up tomorrow to come with me to pick up the girls and we could all have lunch"

"Okay"

We both walk towards the door. She puts her phone down in her back pocket and turns around to me before leaving through the door. "I had a great time with you." She says. "I did too. Again I'm sorry about earlier. I..I hope we could..do this again?" Jen smiles and nods her head "for sure" she says and hugs me unexpectedly. I should've expected it but I didn't. It took me a few seconds but I hugged her back.
-
Jens pov

"Mommy!" Emme yells and runs to me. "Hiii baby!" I say and pick her up. "Did you have fun?" "Yeah! We made cupcakes last night! I just ate one" "no wonder your teeth are pink" Emme giggles. I look over to my right and Sofia and Leah were holding hands talking walking towards us then we all went in my car.
"You seem like you're in good mood" Leah tells me as I drive. "Well Yeah I finally have Emme" I smile.

During lunch the girls told Leah and I all about the sleepover. They kept laughing together it was so cute. I'm so glad they met the way they did.

"Wait So Who fell asleep first?" I ask "Emme did" sofia tells me and Emme scrunches up her nose. "I was sleepy" "you're always sleepy silly" I laugh and shake my head and looked at Leah and she was smiling at me. But once we made eye contact she looked away to Emme. I always get that feeling whenever we make eye contact. Then I get scared that there's something wrong with my face but then there isn't. Im a little insecure about myself but I try to let things go and just love myself. But now that my crush likes me and I actually think things will go somewhere even though we've only been on one date, I feel like I needa make myself look better even though she fell for the way I am now and not someone who I'm trying to be. Leah's great though so I hope this works out.