69

Leah's pov

These past few days I've been having to take care of two children. Sofia and Emme. Jennifer's been feeling sooo tired and her hormones are crazy and she's been too busy with work so I chimed in and helped around. I pick up the kids while she does her own errands and we stay at my place till she's done. Emme feels sick so I had to take care of her. I guess this is a small experience of how it'll be like if I have a future with Jennifer. But lately Jennifer's also been so cold with me because she still doesn't know what I got Emme. Emme won't even tell her.

Why? Because it's not only a gift for Emme. There's also a gift for jen. It's not that big though. For Emme, it's a little stuffed animal that I know she likes and also a matching bracelet that matches Sofia's. I bought them both one and Sofia already wanted to wear it. Oh and Jens gift..she'll find out soon. Emme's doing a really good job keeping it a secret from jen. She'll break loose eventually. Like she did with Jens pregnancy...but that's the past. Let's pretend that didn't happen.

Since it's Friday night, I'm taking her out with the kids this time to walk around the grove and eat dinner.

Once jen got home I drove over to her house with the kids and waited for her to get ready since we were already done. She takes longer than me. I usually take an hour an a half..she took almost three. It went by fast though because I kept myself busy.

She walked downstairs with her phone and purse all dressed up and ready. She's just wearing skinny jeans and a nice flowy top, her hair straightened and had heels on, but she looks gorgeous as always.

"I'm readyyyy" she says. "Is that my girlfriend? Damn" I say and eye her down. She smiles and poses in many angles. "Wait take pictures of me" she said and gave me her phone. I then took her pictures. Several. With all her different poses from all angles. I love that my girlfriend could be a model. I'm sooo lucky. She's perfect for it.

We all went in my car and I drove. I reached over for her hand as I drove and she locked her fingers with mine and it made me feel happy inside. I'm excited for later. That's when Emme's going to give Jen her present from me.

Later on into dinner when we ordered desserts. Me and jen shared an ice cream since it was big that also came with a hot brownie. The girls just got ice cream. Jen took a scoop and used her finger, putting it at my chin and faced me to her. She put the spoon full of ice cream in mouth and giggles, sticking out her tongue.
"So you're feeding me now?"

"A girls gotta eat an appetizer before she eats her favorite meal of the day" she smirks and leans in to kiss me. "That meal is meee" she whispers. I push her back and shake my head then look at the girls who weren't paying attention since they were both sitting on their own side of the booth this time.

"Babe you're getting a lil too comfortable with the fact that they're fine about us. But they don't know the details so let's keep it that way please" I tell her. She rolls her eyes. "Okay fine" she said and looks away. Then I feel her hand go up my thigh. I dropped my spoon and roll with my eyes and shake my head then pushed her hand away. This girl really doesn't care if her own daughter knows what goes on. Well Emme hasn't caught us yet. Neither has sofia but knowing Jennifer..I wouldn't be surprised if Emme caught us and just yelled at Emme to go away till she was finished. Then explain it to her later. She's something else.

Anyways, I think I'll just give her the present now. I had Emme carry it in her backpack purse type of bag so Jen wouldn't know.
"Emme" I call out and she looks up at me. "Now?" She asks. "What?" Jen asks but I ignore and nod my head at Emme. She opens her bag and pulls out the gift bag that had her presents but right now it's just Jens present in her bag.
"Here you go mommy" "What??" Jen says. I really could've just given her the present myself but Emme was the one who wanted to give it to her. At first I just put it in her bag so she can give it to her herself then I changed my mind but then Emme insisted so here we are. So confusing.

"Baby what's this?" She asks Emme and then looks at me after. I just smile and let her pull it out of the bag. She pulled out a box and looked so confused and tilted her head. "What's thiiiisss??" She asks. "Open it" "Yeah open it Mommy!" "I'm nervous" "don't worry about it" I say and let her open it. Her jaw drops as the shine reflects onto her face. "Wha-what?" She says. "It's a promise ring" I tell her and she smiles and looks up at me then pouts. "Leeeaah" she whines and looks back down. "It's so beautiful!! what the hell."
"Here" I said and held the box and pulled the ring out.

"I don't have enough money yet to buy you a gorgeous diamond ring that you deserve..and we still have time. I'm not rushing marriage so this will do. This is what I can afford for now...but..I promise you that I'll always be here. To help you raise your kids along with mine. That I'll never leave your side no matter what. The past is the past and I've learned from my mistakes. I love you and I promise you that one day.. I'll be able to buy an actual ring..so I could marry you and grow old with you. So I could be the woman you've always dreamed of having. I promise you that one day, I'll marry you and make sure you're never hurt again mentally and physically because you never deserved any of that in the first place and I wanna make sure you never do again." I said and she was already tearing up. I slid the ring onto her finger and held her hand tight. "I love you so much Leah" she says and kisses me with the girls watching. "Ewwww" they both said and giggled which made jen smile in between our kiss. She repeatedly pecks me on the lips afterwards and pulls back. Then she looks at Emme. "She's gonna be your second Mom one day" jen jokes but Emme takes it seriously. So does sofia and they both got so excited. Well it's not a joke. It's true. I want to be in hers and Emme's future. This is all just the beginning.