56

Jens pov

Emme and I sat at the table after giving Lynda and her family a hug, saying hi and all that. My mom wasn't here yet so I had some time to spare.

"I'm nervous" I told Lynda who was sitting next to me. Emme was on my lap playing with my phone. Her two kids and husband were across from us.

"Don't be nervous it'll be fine! Just tell her you're having a baby. Tell her how you did it. She'll be fine knowing you didn't screw some random guy and got pregnant. She'll be happy to know you wanted another kid..I mean..she would've thought adopting would be a better idea but I know you want your own child so..Yeah. She'll be fine with it."

"But..what about Leah? Do I tell Mom about that? Do I wait on that? I don't know" I pout and hug Emme from behind resting my head on her shoulder but looked to the side at Lynda. "Don't tell her about Leah yet. She doesn't even know you're dating a girl does she?"

"Honestly..I don't know. Too many things going through my head...I think I didn't tell her. Not sure though.."

"I don't remember you telling me that you told her so I don't think you told her."

That made me laugh. It sounded so confusing.

"I don't think I'll tell her just yet..cause" I point to Emme but with my eyes. Emme doesn't exactly know what's happening between Leah and I so I'll just wait. "Oh..right. Yeah just- don't mention her yet. Wait till you two are for sure good." "What do you mean by for sure? Me and her already.." "you did?!?!" "Not that! Like..kiss. A lot. Nasty kind. But yeah we did it in the past but not now when we're back together." I say and bite my lip thinking about her. "Ew don't do that with your lips ever again to me while thinking about her." "I'm sorry" I smile. I'm not sorry.

A few minutes later my mom arrives with her sister too. We all hugged then they sat at the empty seats. We all ordered our food. I was really scared, shaking. Emme noticed too but didn't say anything. She just laid her head back on me and kept using my phone.

We all had a conversation, I guess catching up on things even though we all see each other every so often. This went on for a good ten minutes. Then I tried to finesse my way into bringing up what I wanted to say. Well actually Lynda did. I just continued onto what she said but I could never bring myself to bring up the fact that I'm pregnant into what she was saying. This is hard. So whatever. Imma just tell her.

"Mom" I called her who was across the table from me but one seat over. "Yeah?" "I have something to tell you" "What is it?" She asks and i look at Lynda for a second who nodded her head at me.

"So..a few weeks ago. I went to the doctors to see if I could like.. get pregnant"

"With who??" She asks right away. "Wait- listen Mom.. like..I've been thinking about this for a while now." I say and look at Lynda again but she waits for me to talk. "It's not getting pregnant by someone..physically.. but like those..sperm donors... I heard about it and wanted to try.. since I wanted a baby so bad." I say and shes calmly listening. "And so...I tried" "so..what happened?" She asks me. I shrug my shoulders and force a smile. "I'm pregnant" I said and her eyes widen. I could tell she was really shocked. Then after a few seconds she smiles. Perfect. Two down. One to go. Leah.

"What?? You're kidding!!" She said. "I'm not kidding" I giggle. She gasps. "Congratulations!" My Mom says to me. I feel..relieved. I over thought this. I mean I knew she'd be happy but I was just scared about the sperm donor part.. "wait so you're okay with all this??" "Why wouldn't I be?" She asks. I shrug my shoulders and look at Lynda again. Emme isn't even paying attention. I'm kind of surprised. It's funny how I tell my mom not long after I find out but it's better I tell her early especially since I got pregnant a different way.

"Does she know?" My mom asks when I wasn't looking at her and I froze. "Who?" "Emme" "oh. Yeah she knows. Obviously" I smile. I thought she meant Leah. Even though she doesn't know about us.

"Well. I'm happy for you. You're a wonderful mother and I know you'll be a wonderful mother to your next child."

"Thanks Mom" I smile. "Make sure she turns out as cute and intelligent as my grandbaby" she jokes. "Of course she will" I giggle and kiss Emme's cheek while she was still on my phone. "So you've decided not to find another man for yourself hun?" She asks me. I shake my head no and shrugged my shoulders. "How come? Is it still the trust?" "Yeeaah..I don't- I don't really wanna deal with another guy. I'm focused on Emme, my work, my pregnancy now, and just my whole life. I don't have time to deal with another relationship with a guy and worry about him if he does something wrong, or maybe even cheats. There's just too much going on in my life for that" I said. I never said that I don't have time for a girl though. A certain girl at least.

"Good. You don't need them" she tells me and I giggled.

I looked down to what Emme was doing on my phone, which she was still playing on it. But I really wanted to text Leah. I don't know. I miss her. I keep thinking about her tonight.

"Emme can I see my phone" I ask her and she ignores me. "Emme" I say again. "Emme!" "What??" "My phone" "I'm playing with it" "I need to text someone." I tell her. She presses the home button and gives me my phone. "Why did Leah text you? Maybe sofia misses me!" Emme said. "She texted me??" I asked and quickly go on my text messages.

"I miss youuu" that immediately made me smile. But she texted that a whole hour ago. Dammit Emme.

"I miss you too. Been thinking about u all night actually. It's crazy" I text her "crazy because I have been too. What're you doing?"

"I'm out at dinner with my family. You?"

"At home. Thinking about you"

"😂😂 you're cute"

"That's you"

"Shut up"

"You shut up" she replies and I cant stop smiling. Lynda noticed and leaned over to see who I was texting but I faced my phone away from her.

"Whose that Jennifer?" Lynda says. "None of your business Lynda." I said then my phone dings again. "I really miss you. FaceTime me when you get home"

"Are my kisses that good that you miss me that much already after a first date?😂"

"That wasn't our first date. We've dated."

"That's the first ever since we broke up tho"

"Doesn't mean I never stopped missing you"

I cannot. Stop. Smiling.

I decided to ignore that and give the phone back to Emme. I'm out with family so I should focus on them. I'll talk to Leah tonight. Thankfully. I wanna see her face.