41

Leah's pov

It's becoming a normal thing now this past week. Jennifer picks me up. We go our separate ways at work. We don't have lunch together. We still leave work together. Pick up the girls then she drops me and Sofia off. Whenever Emme would want to stay for a little, jennifer would say no and make some excuse that they have to go somewhere.

I didn't mean for Jennifer to feel this way and I didn't think she'd become petty. I know she's better than that but it's probably because she wants me to want her. I do want her but she also knows we can't have each other..so I don't get her. I cant do anything about it. I know she's in love with me. That makes me so happy and lucky but also sad. I guess I'll just live my life however it goes.

This job pays me so well that I'm already close to buying myself a car. Therefore I won't have to deal with the awkward drives sooner or later with her. Maybe by next month. I hope so. Next month is my birthday. It's only the beginning of this month that just started though so I have time. This car will be a birthday present to myself.

I'm home on a Saturday night doing nothing but watching tv and eating snacks. Sofia is doing the same with me. She wanted to hang out with Emme but I made an excuse and told her they were at Disneyland. I wouldn't be surprised if they were. I haven't checked my phone yet to see if she is and I'm not planning to. If we aren't going to be more than just dating, then I shouldn't even focus on her or else I'll fall even harder for her just by looking at her social media. Then things will get messy, not with her but with my feelings.

"Sofia, do you like Emme's Mom? Jennifer?" "Yes! I love her! She's the sweetest" she tells me and I roll my eyes. "How much do you love her. Like on a scale from 1-10?" "100" she giggles and I give a fake laugh back.

I knew she'd say that. I mean jen has got to Sofia's good side. She's helped Sofia when she felt down, she treats her more than just Emme's best friend..like another daughter. The thing is, I'd love for sofia to have a little sister like Emme. I was excited for that till me and jen ended things..whatever "thing" we had. We just stopped dating. It's hard on me because I haven't had someone like me this much in such a long time.

She doesn't just like me for looks because I'm not that great but I could tell she loves my personality, my sarcasm, the way I treat her.. everything..and when she makes me feel better about my body, that's one of the best feeling. It sucks that we can't continue this because of our daughters. There's for sure a way but we just haven't figure out. Maybe us dating wasn't the right thing. It didn't happen too quick but also not too slow also.

We both said we found attraction to each other from when we first met. I didn't think we'd end up as far as we got. I like her a lot..her smile, her laugh, her personality, her style, she has an amazing body, and her moans, that's my favorite. Something I'm going to miss a lot. I just think it's not right for me and her to keep fucking around when we have kids. We already got caught kissing and didn't pull that off well. Maybe if Emme wasn't so traumatized, things would've been easier and we would've still been together. But I guess it is what it is.
-
Jens pov

My sister is like my bestfriend but sometimes she can get on my nerves. I've told her several times why me and Leah aren't dating anymore and she thinks I should fix it. How could I? I have a fucking traumatized daughter. Yes she likes Leah now but if I ever told her that I was in love with leah, I don't know how she'd react. Will she understand what I mean by love? No but she'll eventually get what's happening between me and Leah. Well..no. Maybe I'm just overthinking this. Maybe everything would be fine if her and I were official. We're just both being complicating.

I'm with my sister at her house while Emme's playing with her kids. I needed to talk her. I haven't been feeling so good about this "break up". I miss Leah..

"She's the one who told me that we shouldn't become girlfriends because we have daughters." I say and sit down at the couch by Lynda. "But they'll understand Jennifer. It's not like they'll disown you two."

"Yeah but-"

"You love her Jennifer." She says and I look at her. "Yeah.." "You're really gonna just let her go like that?" She said and pouts. "What can I do?! She told me we shouldn't! Leah is smart so maybe she knows what she's talking about. I don't want us to have to ruin Emme and Sofia's friendship because of us"

"You guys might ruin it now since you two barely talk to each other now.."

"Ugh." I groan and lay my head on her shoulder. "What if she's just saying that because she doesnt want me then?"

"No no no Jen. That's for sure not why. She's obsessed with you! If only you saw the way she'd look at you at work or when you guys are here when you're not looking. It's crazy. Plus she's too sweet. That's sounds like you're saying she doesn't want you and just used you, wanting you to help her get back in place with her life. But I know that's not the case. Usually i would warn you and say not to do what you did to help Leah, with someone else you've met but I see something in Leah that tells me she's worth it. It's just hard because of the girls but they're best friends! What if they became sisters? That would be the best news to them!"

"Woah woah now sisters? You think I'd get married to Leah?? I don't even plan on marrying anyone anymore after Emme's dad."

"So then why were you two dating?"

"I mean we could become girlfriends and stay that way for many years but I don't know about marriage"

"You're weird" She says and pushes me off her and stands up. "If you don't plan on finding someone else I'm almost certain you and Leah will get married. I know you two haven't even gotten that far into knowing each other but that's just my theory, and I'm gonna say I told you so once you two are up at the altar getting ready to say your vows."

I smile a bit and roll my eyes. "Okay good luck with that" I say. There's no way she's right. Me and Leah just broke up and I honestly feel like me and her will just stick to friends at the most since we still deal with each other at work. I just hope she doesn't look for someone else to fall in love with.