6

Jens pov

"I'll see you later baby. Love you" I saying squatting down by Emme and she's not paying attention to me "Emme" I say more confidently. "Huh?" She says cutely turning around "huh?" I mocked her and she laughs. "Give me a kiss" I say and turn my face to the side and she kisses my cheek "Love you" she says and I stand up and leave. On my way to my car I see sofia walking towards here but she looked sad.

"Hey Sofia!" I smile and she stops at me and gives me a fake smile "h-hi Jennifer" "everything Okay?"

She shakes her head and I squat down and hold onto her arm and use my other hand to wipe her face. "What's wrong mama?"

"My mom" she pouts and wipes her eyes. "Oh no..what happened?" "She- she-" she stops and starts crying again. I hug her and let her cry on me. Poor baby..
"She what?" I asked "I think she lost her job..I'm not sure but- she was arguing with someone on the phone and it sounded like something her job is.."

Oh no..this isn't good.

"Where is she right now?"

She shrugged her shoulders and sniffles.

"hey..I'm sure everything will be fine Okay?" I say trying to make her stop crying. "I'll talk to her later after I pick you and Emme up. Don't worry."

She takes a deep breath and looks at me and I smile. "Don't cry Sofia. It'll be okay"

"Okay" she sighs. I hug her again and she hugs me back then let her walk to school. I watch her walk towards the building and Emme sees her and happily runs to her and hug her. Good job Emme.

I feel so bad now. I really hope she didn't loose her job..
-
I picked up the girls and headed straight to Sofia's place.
"How was your day guys?" I asks as I drove. "Good" Emme says "I'm glad. How about you sofia. Do you feel better?"

"Kind of.."

"Why what's wrong Sofia?" Emme asks "it's nothing baby don't worry about it."

I get to her apartment and Emme and I walk up with her.

"Hey" I say and smile to leah once we get in "Oh hi you're here!" She says and smiles.

Sofia went straight to her room and Emme was about to follow but I stopped her and squatted down by her. "Don't ask her anything she's fine Emme. Promise me"

"Okay I promise" she says and I let her go

"What's up?" She asks me "well- can I ask you something?"

"Sure" she smiles. I accidentally look at her smile but look back up at her eyes. "I uh- well... sofia was crying this morning. I saw her after I dropped off Emme. She said you..lost your job?"

"Oh!..Yeah..right"

"You did?!"

"No! No..I almost did. She probably heard me arguing but that was with a coworker. We had a little argument and if it happens again we're both fired. It has some shit to do with the restaurant"

"Oh phew! Girl sofia was crying! I stopped her from crying more before school started. I guess my hugs and Emmes hugs helped"

"Aww..well thank you for that. I didn't know she'd cry. She was fine before she left. She probably thought about it on the way to school. Sorry about that though"

"It's okay! Glad to help" I say and smile. "So How was disneyland?"

"Fun! I love going with Emme. I go with my other cousins and sisters but I never get to go with a friend because I'd still have to take Emme and you know how some rides are two seater? I don't want to leave the third one out you know?" I didn't really have to bring all that up.

"Oh right. Yeah I understand. I wish we could go but...you know" she says presses her lips together and looks away. I keep looking at her as she looks away and my eyes go down to her cleavage. They're better in person. Wait. I totally forgot I liked her picture. She must think I'm weird or something stalking her.

"I think ima check on her actually" she says and I realized she was looking at me but I was focused on those. "Oh- Okay yeah that's a good idea. I'll just get going" I say nervously. "And Emme?" She giggles "oh! Right! Emme" I shake my head and follow her to Sofia's room.

"Babe" I say behind Leah calling emmes attention as we both peek in through the door. Emme looks at me and I motion my finger telling her to come.

"Bye bye sofia" she says and hugs her tight for a long time then walks over to Leah and hugs her legs. Leah bent over but forgot I was behind her and I put my hands out to stop her and she did but my hands were at her lower back and ass. "Sorry" she giggles and squats down to hug Emme. Yikes.

"Thanks for bringing her home"

"Anytime" I smile and walk out the door. "see you later!" She says "see ya" I say turning back to her looking over my shoulder then continue to walk. "Don't loose your job" I wink "I'll try" she smiles back.

"You didn't ask sofia right?" I ask Emme in the car. "Ask what?" "Nothing" I shake my head.

Leah's an amazing girl. I don't want her to loose her job. That was quite the scare though. Imagine if that actually happen. Poor her and poor sofia. Sofia takes it bad too. She knows what her mom goes through. I think it was bad enough to the point that Leah had to explain to her, plus sofia is smart and intelligent and knows what's going on even though she's young. Leah taught her well
-
I'm at work talking with my sister about some important things for the upcoming month. She did mention to me that we were looking for another person to hire. Two openings actually. I immediately thought about Leah. She needs a new job badly and she has a degree. I'm sure she could make it in. I'll even interview her. I still keep forgetting to get her number though.

"I may know someone" I tell her "who?" "She's one of emmes friends' Mom. She said she has a business degree. That's actually all I know but she really needs a job. I know she's been applying for places..I could ask more about her and see if she fits the position"

"Yeah do that and get back to me on it."

"Okay! Cool" I smile. I barely know Leah but I know her more than I did the first day. I hope I make the right decision. We finish up our day with another meeting then I left and went to Emme's school and picked both of them up. It's crazy how I take Sofia home everyday when I met her so randomly. She lives two blocks away so why not?

"Hi Leah" I smile as we walk in. I guess Emme just automatically assumes she has time to stay with Sofia a bit everyday. "Hey!" "Smells good in here. What're you making?"
"I just made this Mac and cheese pie with bacon. Haha it's actually really good even though it sounds weird and it's just mac and cheese with a bit of bacon on top"

"Wow that actually sounds yummy. Emme would love that" I say "she could have some! I just finished it"

"Oh are you sure?"

"Yeah!" She says and shows me it in her kitchen. "Mmmm smells so good!" "Thanks. I'll go call them. Go help yourself with some"

She knows how to cook and she's such a hot mom. She should just be my wife.

"Mac and cheese?!" Emme yells running to me "Yeah baby" I giggle and feed her some "say thank you" "thank you" she said to me "no to Sofia's Mom you weirdo" "oh thank you Sofia's mom" she says happily then gets more from me. I look at Leah and shake my head smiling. We all ate together at her kitchen table. It was cute. I like this. I would say she could be a new Mom friend of mine since I have a whole group of them because of Emme's school but the thing is I find this Mom really hot.