28

Jens pov

Is Emme just trying to piss me off on purpose today? She won't listen at all. After getting back home from dropping off Leah and Sofia which was an awkward leave, I was trying to have Emme start on her homework already but she doesn't want to. No kid likes homework but hers is so fucking easy. She just has to scramble some words and it's like 10, three to five letter words. Basic. That's literally all.

"Emme. Listen. I am am really tired right now and I need to rest. If you could just do your homework now I could help you then you could play after you're done so I could finish what I need to do then rest."

Emme crosses her arms angrily and looks away. I put her folder onto the table and open it to take out her homework. "Look its just spelling" I tell her and she looks. "I don't like it" "I know but it's easy babe. Look. You just need to switch the letters around. I know you're good at spelling." Well aside from spelling Remini.

She finally listened and did her homework and finished right away "See? Wasn't that easy?" She nods her head and closes her folder then gives it to me and leaves to go play. I put her stuff away in her backpack and left it on the couch then went into my office to work on some stuff. Now that Emme has competition I have to reschedule things that were scheduled for the week of competition. But most of the month is filled up. Ugh. I need a break soon.

Later I went on my phone and it's completely dry. Not even Leah texted me. But I could see why. I was a bitch today and I feel bad..maybe I should text her.

"Heyy"

Just that. I waited and waited. She's taking longer than usual. So I just continued my work. I have one leg bended up onto the chair as I'm leaning back going through my desktop. I guess vegas could be a little break for me. Emme only competes for three days. We could leave Sunday then come back the next Sunday. Giving me four days. Including half of the first Sunday and half of the second Sunday.

I'm gonna have to introduce Leah to the dance moms too if they end up getting together which I'm sure they are. I don't expect me and Leah to mess around though in vegas though. We're gonna be sharing hotel rooms. There's two beds. One for Emme and I and one for Sofia and Leah. It's fine though. I cant even think about sex right now while I'm here on my period and acting bitchy to everyone I see.

After three hours Leah finally responds. Three. What the fuck is she doing in three hours.

"Hi"

"Watcha doin?"

"Cleaning, helping Sofia with homework and about to make dinner in a bit. Hbu?"

"Scheduling shit for next month. Vegas is interrupting a lot so I'm changing the plans I had before vegas. But anyways. Is Sunday afternoon like around 12 till the next Sunday afternoon of that week fine?"

"To stay in vegas?"

"Yes"

"Yeah that's fine. But don't you have to pay the extra days you stay? I thought they only cover the days of competition?"

"Yeah. I'll pay the extras. I need a small vacation. I'm so fucking tired"

"Ohhh I See. Yeah a small vacation is good"

"Yeah. I'm sorry about my attitude today. I started my period and you know so much was going on. I didn't mean to act that way. Don't hate me"

"It's fine. I figured something was wrong."

"I swear I'm not always like this when I'm on my period."

"It's okay lool . "

I can't tell if she's mad now or not. I can't hear an attitude through text. Oh well
-
Weeks later

"No stoooop" I laugh out as Leah and I walk to the Starbucks close by our job after lunch. "I do not.." "you do not what?" She asks me "you know I-" I pause and roll my eyes. "Okay I say "you know" a lot. So what??"

"It's cute. Like you don't know what to say so you just say 'you know'"

"Well it helps out in weird situations. Well not really. But you know"

Leah laughs and shakes her head. "Wow there you go again" "whatever" I say and open the door to Starbucks for her and follow her inside. "What drink do you want? I'll pay" "what? No I'll pay for my own" "don't fight me on this" She says and we were next to order "ugh..okay" I order my drink and when I was talking I feel her hand on back. Then she orders hers and let's go of my back and pays. Then we go to the side and wait for our drinks. I face her and smile.

"Thank you for paying" "no problem" she smiles.

We wait for about 10 minutes and get our drink and head back to our building. As we got in the elevator it was just us two alone. I walk closer to her and rest my arms over her shoulders. "Oh okay. Hi" she says and I giggle. "I feel like me and you are loosing something. We haven't been..intimate in a while." I say and lean in and kiss her slowly. She kisses back then pushes me away. "I am not getting caught doing some shit in the elevator." "Shit like what? I wasn't gonna fuck you here silly. I just missed your lips." "Oh- well I missed yours too" I bite my lips and look down at hers. "Last time I kissed you was when we had sex.." "I know. We have kids though." she pouts and I let go right before the elevator doors open.

"We gotta do something about that" I say and walk away just like that. It's been weeks. About two. I know Ive lasted almost a year without it but now that I have Leah I want more. It sucks that we are just dating and that's it. We have kids and it's hard for us to do more. Her lips..I missed those too. I can't even kiss her in front of the girls. Not yet. Maybe when me and Leah take another step in this thing we have.