43

Jens pov

Monday

"Have a good day at school baby" I say to Emme squatting down and kissing her as she's standing in between my legs holding my face. "You too Mommy at work" she said cutely. "I love you" "I love youuu" she says and kisses me. I stand up and I look to my side just as I was about to walk away, I saw Sofia.

"Jennifer!!" She says happily and hugs me. "Hey you!" I reply and hug her back even though she's only up to my stomach. "I missed you!" "I just saw you on Friday" I giggle. "Yeah but only to drive up to school and home. When can me and Emme hang out again?"
"I don't know...you'll have to ask your mom. Emme is free most of the time unless she has dance."

"Aw. Well okay I'll ask her. Did you know we got a car?!"

"Well Yeah silly. She called me about it and how else would you get here? Haha. I'm happy for you guys" am I?

"Oh hahaha..Me too!"

"Sofiaaa!!" Emme yells and runs to us  she hugs sofia right and they're both smiling widely. Makes my heart ache. It's cute but it's sad. Things aren't the same. "Guys I have to go to work now. Have fun at school" "okay bye Jennifer!" Sofia said to me.

-
I got to work and did whatever it was I had to do. Then I walked over to the coffee room to get myself coffee to wake up. I haven't been getting sleep.

Once I got to the door I saw the back of some hot lady..but of course. It's Leah.
Im just gonna go in and pretend I didn't see her.

"Oh- hey Jennifer" she said. Great. "Hi!" That's the fakest happiest hi I've ever said. "How is it driving again?" "Oh it's good! Pretty different not going with you to work now"

"Really? It doesn't to me since we never even talked during the drives" I say and shrug my shoulders. "Well- yeah true"
I'm petty.

I turned around and get a cup for my coffee. "So that was your birthday present?" "Yup" "Do you have plans for your birthday? It's in two weeks isn't it?"

"It's next week.."

"Oh shit whoops" I look at her with my filled up cup and she rolls her eyes. "Anyways. Since I ran into you. If Emme wants to come to Sofia's birthday party she can't."

"Can't?"

"Can I mean can"

I squint my eyes. "oooookay.. when and where?"

"Next Saturday. I'll text you the address."

"Okay. Whose going?"

"Just some people from school then also my family."

"Oh okay. Well yeah send me it whenever. I gotta get back to work. Don't forget the files for this week" I said and walk away just like that.

Later at the end, I turned off my computer and called it a day. I walked through to get to the elevator. Just as I walked with my purse on my shoulder and my phone in my hand I stepped forward and pressed the elevator button and waited.

Just as the doors were about to open , Leah comes along. Now it's just us two alone in the elevator. Great. I pressed the button then went back and leaned onto the railing at the wall. Now we were just waiting for the doors to close. But I guess Leah couldn't wait. She pressed the button that closed the doors. She was wearing a tight dress so when she did that my eyes just went to her ass then back at my phone. I didn't say a word. I didn't want to talk to her.

"Hey, I know you don't want to deal with me whatsoever. But Sofia misses hanging out with Emme."

I don't respond and just nod my head.
"Do you think we can let them hang out? Like out of school?"

"Yeah whatever."

"No I'm serious. Sofia has been so bored"

I look away from my phone and at her whose across from me in the elevator.
"And I'm serious too but what do you want me to do? You're the one who pushed me away. I love it when Emme and Sofia hang out. They've both been so happy. They're best friends and haven't actually hung out like they used to in a month. That's horrible. I feel horrible for them and myself because I miss you and emme misses Sofia but it's not my fault." I pause and the elevator dings just before it opened. "Guess you should've thought about that before you ended things with me" I say and walked out.

That felt good to let that out. I hope she's watching me walk over to my car and speed away. I want her to know I'm mad. I don't know why. I just want her attention.
-
Leah's pov

I've never seen Jennifer be so..bitchy. She's really mad about everything. She's the one who would always ignore me whenever we went to work and home. But she's right, the girls miss each other. Me and jen miss each other. She even admitted it. I've made the biggest mistake telling her that we shouldn't take another step but she was falling in love with me. What was I supposed to do?! I like her a lot. I'm not at the love stage yet but I was close. Maybe it was worse that I ended it when she told me she was in love. But I couldn't just not tell her and then she falls even more deeply in love with me.

Thinking about it now. I'm really stupid. Jennifer is one of a kind. Not many people are lucky to find the perfect one and she's fucking perfect. I cant even believe she landed into my life. I cant believe I've kissed her. I've fucked her. Yet I hurt her? What's wrong with me.