10

Leah's pov

I got through my first week at my new job after quitting the restaurant one and the one I just got. Jennifer has been giving me rides because I'm on the way. I feel bad that she has to but we work a the same exact time at the same exact place so it's not out of her way. I promised her I'd save up for a car. That's my first on my list. I miss driving but I had to sell my car just to get money. Sigh. Other than work I travel by bus or train if I need to be somewhere with Sofia of course. But we barely go out cause of that.

"Hey Leah! I was wondering if you and sofia would like to join Emme and I for dinner. Emme wants sofia over and I could use an adult to talk to😂" Jennifer texts me.

"It's too late for Sofia and I to walk there. :("

"I'll pick you up! We aren't home right now so I'll pick you up when I'm on my way home"

"Oh are u sure?"

"Yes! Be ready by 8"

"Lol Okay. See ya :)"

":)"

I guess I'm spending my Saturday night with them.

I later got ready and had sofia get ready too. I didn't know how I should dress. All nice or just simple? I mean I wanna impress her though. Taking risks.

I decided to just wears skinny jeans and a black off the shoulder top. Then my makeup was just light and I put my hair up in a high ponytail.

"You look pretty" I hear my daughter say coming in the bathroom. "Oh thank you! Are you ready?" "Yeah" "Okay they should be here soon" "whose paying?"

I shake my head "she's making us dinner baby don't worry. Hey I got a new job remember?"

"Oh yeah" she giggles. "I'm happy." "I'm happy too. Things are slowly gonna get better. I promise you" I say and tuck her hair behind her ear and she smiles.
-

I can't believe this is where she lives. I've known this area for a long time and always knew the houses were gorgeous on this street and so on from there but wow. She's rich. Really rich. She has three cars! An suv and two compact cars. Well they're not even small they're really spacey. The one she uses a lot for work is the Mercedes. But today she picked us up in a BMW.

"Wow. This is- wow" I say and Sofia and I are so amazed. This place is huge.
"I could give you a tour if you'd like!"

"Sure!"

"Come on Sofia! My rooms up here" Emme says happily and pulls Sofia with her upstairs to her room. "I swear..she's so cute" I tell Jen. "Haha. Thaanks" She says and takes off her Minnie Mouse ears that she had on "sorry we just came from Disneyland." "That's fine. Those ears look cute too" I smile and she starts showing me around. "Thank you" she shakes her head and continues to walk.

"So this is my kitchen. One of my favorite parts of the house because food" she giggles. It's a really big and clean and organized kitchen. " and then this is the living room but you already saw that." I noticed all the pictures of her and Emme and I'm guessing her family by the tv. I walk over to them and point at this cute one of Emme and jen smiling so much to the camera.

"Aww. You two look just like twins." I say "I know it's crazy that she looks just like me in this specific picture. I love it"

Then we get to the backyard. She has a nice pool and it's outside furniture was so aesthetic. I love it. "So If Sofia or even you wants to go swimming just come over!" She says. I can't even imagine how I'd react if I saw her in a bikini. "I'll make sure we do! This is beautiful" "thank you!" She says and she leads me to her in home gym.