7

Leah's pov

It's been weeks since that scare of me getting fired. I still work here but I have an interview today after work. It's close by my work so I don't need to worry about how I'd get there. I had to bring extra clothes though since I don't typically wear this type at my job. My makeup was already done this morning and so was my hair. All I need to do is change. I already told jen that I won't be home once she drops off sofia so she said she'll watch her for me.

"Leah! Guess what!" My coworker says to me as I was on my break "Yeah?" "She got fired!" "Marisa??" "Yes!! You're lucky. Michael trusted you more. I mean who could even trust Marisa by the way she acts?" She tells me. Michael is our boss. I feel so much better knowing I don't have to worry about her.

"True. Well I have an interview after my shift. I really hope I get it. Ya girl needs another job"

"Really? Good luck to you! I'm sure you'll get it. Right?"

"Thank you. I dont know hopefully" I shrug.

After work I changed in the bathroom. Yup a public restroom then I left and headed to the place where I'm being interviewed. I'm really nervous but I've been practicing for the interview. But still..very nervous.

-

"Okay Leah Remini I'm proud to say you've gotten the job. You'll be starting next week. I'll have someone go through everything with you but congrats" the guy who interviews me smiles. "Oh! Thank you so much!" I say. I'm so shocked and happy. I'm sooo happy. This means I won't be home as much..I've gotta find a sitter for her but I'm doing this for Sofia. More money for her and bills. Phew.

I took the train straight home and then the bus since it doesn't just drop me of by my place. I quickly walk up to my apartment and open my door. "Oh- fu- you guys scared me!" I say holding my hands at my chest looking at Sofia, Jennifer and Emme.

"Hi! How was the interview?"

I start to smile a lot "I got it"

Sofia gasps and runs to me and hugs me tight.

"Really?! Leah that's amazing! I'm so happy for you!" Jennifer says to me. That smile distracted me completely.

"Yeah" I say and rub Sofia's Head

"Yaaay" Emme randomly yells throwing her hands up high and smiles then hugs Jennifer. "Silly, hug Leah not me" she says to Emme. "She doesn't know what's going on" Jennifer giggles. "It's okay" and Emme hugs me and sofia. Then they let go and Jennifer stands up and hugs me too. She smells amazing.

"I'm happy for you!" she says and my eyes went straight to her lips. They were glossy with a light shade from her lipgloss. She has a little mole under her lips to the side...I've gotta stop.

Then she kind of pushes me a little because Emme hugged Jennifer's legs again hard. "Baby get off" she giggled. Her hand slowly went down my back when she tried reaching for emme. I don't think she realizes where her hand is. But she let go after. That was a great few seconds.

"Yeah. I'll have to find a sitter for sofia though. Meaning I have to pay someone..I have my parents and sisters but they live far..but at least I'll have more money."

"I'll watch sofia"

"Noo you're doing so much already taking her home and staying with her. It would mean you'd have her till like 7 pm"

"Don't worry about that. It's for sofia. I know how it is to wanna do something so bad just for you daughter. But.. also..I totally forgot to ask you the other day too."

"What is it?"

"We're looking for someone to hire at my job. We just got a new opening and I recommended you to my sister. I just have to interview you"

"Oh- wow. Another job offer"

"Haha Yeah. So would you like to?"

"Of course! When is the interview?"

"Hmm.. is Friday next week okay?"

"Yeah that's fine. I'm off that day. Where exactly is it though?"

"I could give you a ride if you'd like. It's kinda like..30 minutes away too but by car"

"Oh fuck..that'd be more than an hour then if I went by my self by bus or train"

"Don't worry about that right now. I'll take you" she smiles. "If it's too much then never mind" "no leah it's fine! Listen this job will pay you as much as you need I promise you. I have a huge feeling you'll get the job. I mean hello I'm interviewing you. I just need to know more about you."

"Well..." I pause and look at Sofia and Sofia's already nodding her head yes. "Okay fine if sofia says yes then..yeah" "yay! Okay I'll pick you up in the morning. Maybe I should just pick you and Sofia up on my way to drop Emme off so I could drop off Sofia too."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! Okay it's a deal. Don't even stop me. Be ready by 7:30 both of you"

"Okay well- thank you so much Jennifer it means a lot"

"No problem! Also..I don't have your number"

"Oh right! here" I typed my number on her phone and she saved it "Okay cool. Mine Is- well- i- just-" she paused and shakes her head and laughs "I'll just text you" she smiles. She could've just given me her number but I didn't have my phone in my hand at the moment.

After they left I let out the biggest sigh. I just took so much in a day. I can't believe I got another job and Jennifer offered me a job too! I just met her less than a month ago. This is going great. All thanks to that field trip. Who would've known I'd be so close to getting a job that could pay everything off and maybe I could quit my other two jobs. Especially the new one I just got. Jennifer is nice for all this. The rides and now the job.