49

Jens pov

It's hard when someone you love breaks up with you then suddenly tells you how she really feels. Now I'm so confused what to do. My whole heart just melted after reading all her texts. I got no sleep. We texted all night. Literally all night. It's 8:45 am. Almost 9 am. The girls are asleep. I'm not even tired but my whole night was filled with crying, a bit a laughter, then more crying. I didn't even think it was possible for me and Leah to tell each other this much how we feel for each other and how sorry she is. I don't even know yet if I could forgive her yet. I get what she was trying to do but it still hurts me that she broke up with me at my most vulnerable moment. But everything she's said..my whole heart is happy but sad. Mixed feelings suck.

"Leah. We stayed up all night😩😂"

"I know. Sorry."

"It's okay. This was helpful. I'm gonna take a nap till the girls wake me up. You should get sleep too. Lmao"

"Yea. Okay I'll do that too"

I didn't respond after that. I slept better than I have the other past nights. Knowing how she felt about me makes me happy. Knowing she wants nobody but me makes me happy but her randomly breaking my heart is what stops me from being able to just have her to myself again. I don't know if it's the trust I'm worried about. Maybe I'm scared she might do it again. I don't know. Whatever the fuck goes through my mind sometimes doesn't connect. All this happened so quick. Just because I saw her at the store.
-
Back to work. I had a meeting right before my lunch break. Something about it made me feel confident or something. I don't know what's up with me lately. Leah had messed me up big time. I've only talked to her a few times but only regarding work. Never personal shit. But I got brave and asked her to join me for lunch because why not?

It all went smoothly. Everything was normal. Nothing awkward. We just talked about random things just the way we used to when we were dating but it's different because I know we are- well I don't know what we are but we aren't dating.

Then she brought up the topic again kinda

"I know you haven't forgiven me yet. Everything's happening so quick too, I know. But..." she pauses and shakes her head. "What is it?" I ask her. "I- it's just..I've been looking for someone to come with me to this party. It's one of my friends party and I needed someone to come with, since everyone was bringing a friend."

This legit sounds like she's already asking me out. But I know she's not. I could tell by the way she's explaining.

"What kind of party?"

"Just a kickback. Not toooo many people but I know it's less than 25" she says and smiles. "This is too sudden I know but I really didn't wanna ask someone else because I feel like I'm cheating on you even though I was never officially yours."

"Aw." I giggle "well...I mean..in that case. Sure, I'll come. I need a night out"

There. I accepted it. The conversation we had last Friday night got deep and understanding that I easily agreed to go with her to this kickback. Wow.

"Cool" she smiles again "can your sister watch the girls?" She nervously asks. I roll my eyes and nod my head. "Yes she could haha" "it'll be this Friday" "what time?" "I could pick you up at 6. It's lame though because it ends at a certain time. 9 pm"

"Ew that's so early"

"It's not a date" she says. "Yeah Yeah Okay well I'll go. Yea pick me up. How should I dress?"

"Casual. You look good in everything. So don't over think it like you always do"

Great.. shes making me fall in love even more. How does she do it so easily. The compliments are back. Jennifer don't forget how things were just before the day Leah saw you at the store.
-
Leah's pov