55

Jens pov

I'm getting Emme ready since I'm all dressed up. Not too extra. Just going out for dinner with my family.

I put Emme's hair down but with two small braids on both sides and had her in black skinny jeans with a white knit sweater. I also put hers Mickey Mouse shaped earrings on which sparkles so much. I'm obsessed.

"You look preeeeettty baby" I tell her and smile smiles widely and cutely. "Thanks mommy!" She says and runs away to her room. Okay then.

After putting on my heels I called Emme down, got my purse and phone that was charging on the marble counter then left.

On the way there I realized I haven't even told Emme. She doesn't even know there a baby starting to grow in me. She's gonna be an older sister and she's gonna be just as surprised as my mom will and I don't want her to keep asking me questions in front of her so I decided to tell her once we parked at the parking lot of the restaurant.

"Emme" "We're here??" "Yeah but hold on. I need to tell you something" "Okay" she says and I look at her through the rear view mirror since she's sitting behind me. I'm actually more nervous about her than my mom. "You know how I've been asking you a little while back about you wanting a little sister or brother?" "Yeah" "You..you still want that right?" I ask her. I really don't know how to ask or explain to her so I'm getting straight to it.

"Yeah. Why??"

Okay that's a relief that she still wants one.

"Okay..well...Okay. I have a surprise for you" I say nervously and not excitedly.

"What is it?!"

I sighed. Maybe I should do this face to face.

"Wait come here take off your seat belt" I said and patted the middle compartment telling her to sit there somehow. So she did and now I'm looking up at her. I laid my head to the side onto my seat and held her hand.

"So you really want a sibling?"

"Sibling?"

"Like- a baby brother or sister."

"I wanna sister!"

"I- Okay- You can't just choose if it'll be a girl or a boy baby" I giggled. "What do you mean??"

"Okay..I don't know." I sighed. "Emme I'm pregnant" I say and she tilts her head a tiny bit. "I'm having a baby..meaning..You're going to be an older sister" I tell and she finally gets it and gasps and makes the face I hoped to see. Her smile.

"Wait what?!"

"Yea. We're having a new addition to the family. So you're going to be an older sister.."

"Really??!" She asks happily making me smile. "Yes" I said. She smiled widely and leaned over to hug me tight. I mean she doesn't completely understand but all she knows is that she's gonna be an older sister. She's happy. Which makes me ten times happier. I'm glad.

"So is it a girl?" She asks me. "Babe no. I don't know yet" I said and brought my hand over my stomach. "I just barely found out this week that I'm going to have a baby so..you're gonna have to wait a while to find out" I said to her. She reaches her hand over my stomach too and rubs it. "Your tummy is flat" she tells me. I giggled and rolled my eyes. "Not for long. I'm gonna get fat. I won't look the same Emme." She giggles scrunching up her nose. "I'm so excited!" She said "me too" I smile and lean over and kiss her on the cheek. "I love youuu" "I love you moooore" She says.

"Now listen. When we get in the restaurant to meet up with your grandmother and Lynda and the kids...Grandma doesn't know yet so let me tell her. Don't say anything. It's a surprise for her too. Promise?"

"Okay. I pinky promise" she says sticking her pinky out and I lock my pinky with hers. "Cool. Okay let's go" I said and opened the door and she followed me out through the front door. I closed it behind her and we started to walk as I held her hand. She was looking up at me as we walked so I looked down at her. "What?" I ask her. "Does Sofia's Mom know?" She asks me which made me freeze. "Uhhh nooo..don't tell her either" I said. "Why?" "Just- let me tell her. Do not tell sofia either. It's a surprise for them too. Just don't. Please."

"Okay"

Great. Now I gotta make sure Emme doesn't say a word to sofia at school or when we are all out together. But let me worry about that another time. Now I gotta tell my mom..I may even have to include Leah in this. As in bring her up how I'm kind of back with her. Ugh this is a mess.