4

Jens pov

I didn't know Leah was single. I'm really proud of her though. It's tough being a single mom, no car, sending your child to a private school and working as a waitress. It was nice talking to her that other day. I know her just a bit more now. I keep forgetting to get her number. I feel like I should get it since I take Sofia home a lot.

-
It's Saturday. Emme and I are heading to Disneyland. We have annual passes and I love spending time with her there. She's just so happy there and so am I.

After we parked, took the tram, and walked through the entrance Emme's first thought was to go on the train since it's by the entrance.
"Okay where do you want to get off?"

"By small world!" She says meaning the Ride 'It's a Small World' and pulls me as we walk up the stairs to go in line to wait for the train. Once the train got here she was pulling me again. "Baby Wait" I giggle "let the people get off first" I say and she waits. Then I let her go and I follow her to wherever she wanted to sit. She climbed up the two steps to get on then went to the end and sat down.

"Look" I say holding up my phone and take a selfie with her and she smiles in the cutest way. I take the pic then put my phone down and attack her with kisses "Mommy!" She laughs and pushes me away with her little hands. "I love you" I tell her "I love you too" she says and hugs me tight and stays like that as the train moves till we get in the tunnel at the part where they show the displays of the Grand Canyon and all the animals. She stands up getting all excited even though she's seen this part so many times. "Sit down Emme" I say and she listens. I'm glad she's rarely stubborn. She always listens.

After a few rides we went to go eat at Rainforest cafe in downtown Disney. I got her a kids menu and she started drawing and coloring onto the paper while I was looking on the menu for what I wanted.

"Do you want pizza or chicken strips Emme?" She shrugs her shoulders and continues coloring. I get my phone out and take a picture of her with the flash on since it's dark in here. Then I posted it on my Instagram saying "my cute little date for today 😍"

"Okay seriously Emme what do you wanna eat?"

"Pizza"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

"Okaaay"

Since Emme was so focused on coloring I watched her color after I ordered our food. "You must looove coloring" I tell her as she literally colors the whole page. "I messed up so I covered it all" she said and showed me and I smile "you're silly" I shake my head and go on my phone. I went on Instagram but there was nothing new. I'm bored since Emme's attention is on the coloring.

"Hey- baby what's Sofia's last name?"

"I don't know. It's weird. Like Remeni? Renimi? Remini?"

"Starts with and R?"

"Yeah"

"Can you spell it or no"

"Umm.. R-...E..." she pauses and looks at the animals on the sides that started to move since they come to "life" every 15 minutes. She gets distracted easily.

"Ugh" I groan and wait till it was over. I low key think she thinks they're real but I don't know. "Okay it's done. Can you spell it for me please?" "Oh R-..E...um...M? I or E...N...I. I don't know" she says and puts her hand on her face.

I typed Leah's name then those letters and I quickly found her Instagram.

"Oh okay thank you"

"Why Mommy?"

"Nothing" I say and continue on my phone. Ugh she's private though. I don't mind requesting her though so I did. Then I got off my phone and our food came.

"Kids pizza?" Our waiter says and hands the plate down in front of Emme. "What do you say?"

"Thank you!"

"And here you go" he says and puts down my plate"

"Thanks! Can we have more napkins? And ketchup for her"

"Yes. Anything else?"

"That's it thank you"

He leaves and I start to eat and watch Emme get the small slice of pizza off of her plate and take a bite.

Once she does she makes this face and pulls the pizza out of her mouth. "Owww" she whines and uses her hand to fan out her mouth. "Blow on the pizza to cool it down" I tell her.

The waiter comes back with our napkins and ketchup.
I squeezed out some ketchup onto her plate and stole a fry from her.
She looks at me and furrows her brows and I just laugh. "Hey I pay for you" I told her. She scrunches up her nose trying to look angry but she just looks even cuter. She has such a baby face. But she changes the subject so quick.
"Sofia is so nice Mommy. But she's in a different grade."

"Oh yea?"

"Yea. I only see her sometimes at snack time and after school"

"That's okay. You'll see her a lot. I could give her rides home still unless we have to be somewhere right after school"

"Okay" She says happily. "She said she doesn't have a dad like me"

"Oh..well you have- never mind. I know her mom told me"
That was random. Well I've kind of explained to Emme our whole situation.  I just told her that her dad moved away and isn't coming back. She didn't get sad at all. In fact she didn't care. She loves me more. I'm just worried when she's older if she'd want to meet him. I still keep in touch with him but barely.

After lunch we went to California Adventure. We went on radiator springs. It was a 45 minute line but usually when I'm with her it goes by fast.

"I love this ride" she told me "Really?"
"Yeah! It's fast" "I remember the first time you went on this you cried before we even got on"

"I'm grown up now mommy"
I raise my brow and laugh. "I mean you're older than you were back then yeah but you're still my baby" I say and bend a little and carry her. People probably think she's still a baby who knows how to talk a lot because of her baby face and height. "You're lucky you're still small so I could carry you instead of you standing" I giggle. She puts her hands on my cheeks and squeezes it and starts laughing. That's what makes my heart warm up. Her smile. It's so adorable. She's the love of my life.