18

Leahs pov

"Goodmorning" I smile as I get in the car to Jennifer. "Goodmorning. You look nice" she says happily and reaches over for a side hug. "So do you" I said back

For some reason I feel like today is gonna be a good day.

We went out for lunch again together. She's showing me how to use Uber since I've never used it and I'm considering just doing that so I could save up for a nicer car.
"I know you could do it. Do you have an idea of what kind of car you want?" She asks me "not yet. I just know I want a nice once. I know I can't get like..the ones you have. But nice you know?"

"Mhmm. That's the same way I went. You can't start off with a car like that unless you're a billionaire. But see! You have things planned right. I'm so proud of you"

"Mhm Thank you" I smile and we look at each other for a few seconds. Her little teasing smile gets me. I looked back down at my food because I couldn't handle it. Little things that she does and it's still hot.

"I never thought you'd be such a funny person when I first met you." She tells me. "Really?" "Yeah..But you're so funny..that one night when we were texting.. you had me dying"

"Haha well I've heard it's like that for a lot of people. I guess it's just my personality. I'm sarcastic too"

She smiles and looks away biting her nail.

"Do you always bite your nail when you're nervous?" I ask her
"W-what? No" she scoffs and continues to eat. "Yes you do" I say "how would you know?"

"It's so damn obvious. Either nervous or you're blushing." She shrugs her shoulder. "Maybe I'm blushing and not nervous"

"So I'm making you blush?"

"A little."

I shake my head and smile. "I'm glad I do"

I hear her giggle and we just keep eating. Later after work she stayed over my place a little bit. This time it was her decision and not Emme's. The girls were in Sofia's room and I was in the living room with Jen. We were facing each other sitting on the couch just talking. We were both leaning on our arm to the side. Everytime we make eye contact I just keep forgetting we aren't alone. It's crazy knowing this hot girl who I met through my daughter is dating me now. Today's just a day I'm getting all types of happy.

"So..what're you doing Friday night?" She asks me. "Nothing. Why?" "Wanna go with me to the grove?" "Just us two?"  She nods her head yes and waits for me to answer. "Mommy!" Emme calls out I look at jen and she rolls her eyes hard. "Yea babe?" She sighs "can sofia pleeeaaase go with us to Disneyland one day?!" She begs jen. "I- I don't know ask Leah" Emme gets closer to me and climbs on the couch facing me. "Emme!"  Jen says "Leah can we please go to Disneyland together?!" "Okay Emme politely. What's wrong with you?" Jen says. I see Emme's face and she pouts. "Yes sweetie we will go with you guys. One day. Maybe next week" I smile." Jen looks and me confused. "Okay bye Emme go back to your room and tell sofia" jen says not leaving eye contact with me. "Excuse me are you not saying money?" She says to me.

"Like you said. I plan things well when it comes to financial stuff even tho I was poor before I still managed. I've been wanting to go anyways"

"Oh- Okay then. how about neeeext Saturday. Not this one but next."

"Sounds like a plan" I smile. "Wait..the grove. Friday. Yes? No?"

"I have nobody to watch sofia. My family lives 2 hours away."

"Would you mind if sofia stayed with Emme with my sister? She has kids too"

I take a second to think. I mean it's her sister. There's nothing wrong with that.
"Lemme talk to her first"

"No problem. How about tomorrow after work?"

"Damn you just have everything planned like that..but yeah sure. Is that better then asking at work?"

"Way better. Remember I said she's really serious about work. But out of work she's..normal. So don't even ask her at work. I'm having dinner with her so you guys will join. On the side note...if you didn't know by now, She's taken and straight just a head up"

"Okay. Don't worry. I've met her jen. You act like I haven't." I giggle. "Besides..You're so pretty that I forget there's other women out there"

Jen smiles and rolls her eyes laying her head against the couch.  "Okay I think you've made me smile too much today"

"Cause I like seeing you smile"

Jen groans and stands up walking away. Ass. Wow.

"I can't with you." She says then disappears going into the room then coming back with Emme. "Anyways I have to go now. She has dance class. Text me"

I stand up and walk them to the door "why can't you text me first?" I joke "Okay fine I'll text you" "I'm just kidding but okay. See you"

"Bye" she smiles and hugs me then pulls back dragging her hand against my face softly tryna play it off smooth. That was something though.
"Bye emme" I say as they're walking away. Emme turns around and smiles widely and waves "byeee!!"

I don't know why I keep talking to jen like that. I'm purposely trying to make her blush cause it's so easy to make her blush but for me it's hard to have the guts to do it but I just do it. Ugh..she's dreamy.