Unexpected

A loud knock on my door, juts me out of bed this morning. I push my hair from my face, and wipe the drool from my face.
"Come in" I tell them, my voice groggy with sleep.
"Hey, sorry to wake you, I'm heading into town to go grocery shopping, and Tom left for a fishing trip, so are you okay with staying home alone?" She asks. I notice she has reusable bags in her hand.
"Yeah" I tell her, stretching. My back cracks, and it's the best feeling.
"Okay then, see you later" she says, before closing the door. I stay in bed for another minute before lugging my ass out of bed, and to the washroom. I brush my teeth, and decide to take a shower, my body could use it. I start singing loudly, as I lather my hair with head and shoulders.
"Talking in my sleep at night making myself crazy... out of my mind... out of my mind" I sing loudly. I reach out to grab a towel, and there's nothing there.
"What the fuck" I yell to myself, stepping out of the shower naked, and dripping wet. I look everywhere around the bathroom, but nothing, shit! Thank god I'm home alone. I step out, tiptoeing for some unknown reason I'm alone.
"Woah there!" Someone says, scaring me. I scream, and run to my room. I grab my blanket, and stick my head out of my room.
"Who's there?" I yell, my heart beating loudly.
"Hey, sorry V let me in" Kalani says, my heart beat slows down.
"You scared the shit out of me!" I yell, as she laughs.
"How much did you see?" I ask trying not to laugh.
"Um, just everything, and you have a great voice" she says, making us both burst out laughing.
"Thank you, but why are you here?!" I ask
"Kalani" someone whisper yells.
"Kia is here?" I ask recognizing the voice.
"We're over here" she yells, he pops up around the corner. He's wearing a black v-neck, and some white, and black board shorts.
"Thanks god you're a goody two shoes otherwise you would of seen this one butt ass naked" Kalani says, still laughing. Kai looks at me now, his gaze drifting across my body, sending electric waves through me.
"Hey" he says
"Hi" I reply, my mouth going dry.
"Okay then I'm gonna get dressed" I say quickly, shutting my door. I get dressed quickly, and I blanket dry my hair since I can't find a towel.
"Okay so I have two questions first, why are you guys here not that I don't want you here, just curious, and second how did you get in?" I ask once I find them in the kitchen. Kalani is digging her hand into a box of Special K, while Kia sits on one of the island stools.
"I told you, V let me in, and I wanted to see if you wanted to hang, we're going surfing" Kalani says Her mouth full.
"I don't know how to surf" I say grabbing the box of special K from Kalani.
"Kai can teach you, he's an instructor" Kalani says, hopping onto the counter.
"Your a surf instructor?" I ask, he nods
"So you in?" Kalani asks
"Sure, let me go grab my bathing suit" I tell them, rushing to my room. I grab my black Bikini, and I rummage around for a beach towel, which I find in my aunt, and uncles bathroom.
"Okay I'm ready" I say, still slipping on my shirt over my bikini.
"Let's go" Kalani says excitedly.
"Sorry about the ambush"Kai says, as Kalani runs to the car.
"No it's okay, it's better than me sitting around watching Netflix all day" I tell him, as I notice Kalani hop into the back seat, I guess I'm upfront.
"I disagree, Netflix is amazing" he says, making me smile.
"You could have sit up front" I tell Kalani as I buckle my seat belt
"Nah, I like the leg room back here" she says stretching her long legs against the seats.
"So where are we going" I ask, as kai pulls out of the driveway.
"It's a small secret beach we always go to, doesn't really have a name" Kai answers, changing the radio station.
"Alright, wake me when we're there, I'm taking a power nap" Kalani says popping in her earphones, and shutting her eyes.
"She loves her power naps" kai says, a small smile on his face.
"So how come you never told me you were a surf instructor?" I ask
"Never came up" he says
"So is this something you want to do forever, or just right now?" I ask curious.
"I actually want to open my own surf shop, it's kinda always been a dream of mine, but for now I teach" he says
"Wow you're ambitious, I have no clue what I want to do I mean I'm nineteen not going to school anymore" I tell him
"Anymore? Why did you stop going?" He asks, looking at me quickly before his eyes go back to the road.
"Well high school really sucked for me, and I thought it would get better in university, but I didn't know what I wanted to do, so why waste the money" I tell him.
"High school sucked for me to, so I understand" he says, his voice soft. Why does he have to be so nice, and why do I have to like him so much?!
"Just So you know I'm not coordinated at all" I tell him
"I've worked with grandmas so unless your worse than them, we're fine" he says, shrugging slightly.
"Okay we're here" he says, parking on the side of the road.
"Kalani" I say, shaking her, her eyes spring open.
"I'm up" she says, sitting up quickly.
"I just realized I don't have a surfboard" I tell them, making them laugh.
"Don't worry we got you" Kalani says, as she shimmies out of the car. Kai opens the back off the car, and grabs a huge surf board, and I now notice there's three surfboards back there, why am I so distracted.
"Here Kalani" Kai says, handing her a yellow surfboard
"Vi" he says handing me a white surfboard rimmed with black, it's gorgeous.
"The beach is just past the bushes there" he says, as he grabs his board that's fully black. I follow Kalani, the board sliding further down my arms, but I grip it, and continue on. The beach is small, but gorgeous.
"Okay I'm just gonna text Haku to see when he's coming" Kalani says dropping her board, and grabbing her phone. She walks a little as she talks to Haku, a smile prominent on her face.
"Sorry we should have told you there's gonna be a couple people meeting us" Kai says apologetically
"No, it's okay I'll just have to stick with you" I tell him, sounding more flirty than I meant to, he just smiles.
"I guess you will" he responds, smirking.