Flirting

Kalani and Dylan are waiting by the path to the beach when we pull into the parking lot, they're standing pretty far apart, Kalani looks mortified.
"You guys didn't need to wait" I yell as I hop out of the car, they walk toward us.
"We wanted to help with the boards," Dylan says, grabbing one of them from Kai, who's giving me a weird look. I let Kai, and Dylan walk in front of us, so I get a chance to ask Kalani what's going on.
"What happened?" I whisper, she sighs
"I was just being super weird, and embarrassing. I kept calling him buddy and asking about past relationships" she moans, I try to hide my grimace.
"What's wrong with me" she cries
"Nothing you're nervous, even if it's for no reason. Listen he likes you okay" I assure, she groans again louder, catching the guy's attention
"Stepped on a rock" I lie, they nod turning back.
"Thanks" she whispers, I nod. There is a lot of people at the bonfire, some chugging beers, others sloppily flirting. I walk past everyone, my body yearning for the comfort of the ocean. I stuff my board in the sand, letting the water prickle at my toes. I start walking in as someone calls my name.
"Violet, hey" Deena yells again, running toward me, my stomach plummets.
"Hey" I say, she smiles.
"You feeling better?" she asks, I stare at her weirdly
"You left so early last night, freaked out Kai, you were sick right?" she asks noticing my confusion.
"Yeah, Just dehydrated," I say, looking away quickly.
"Kai was really worried," she says, her voice strong.
"Well I talked to him, he's fine now" I reply, my voice just as strong, she looks shocked.
"Hey, what's going on here?" Kai asks, pulling my body into his, his arms wrapping around me, Deena straightens.
"Just asking Vi here if she was okay," she says giggly, my anger skyrockets at her demeanour change. He nods, his chin resting on the top of my head.
"You going swimming babe," he asks noticing my board in the sand.
"Yeah, I'll surf in a bit, I just feel like swimming," I tell him, he nods spinning me so I'm now facing him. The air around us feels thick, like our own private bubble. He gives me a strange look that makes my body thrum with excitement, before he kisses me, his fingers tangle in my hair. He pulls me closer, his body heat soaking into me.
"Jesus," I say as we break apart, he smiles.
"Sorry, you're just so fucking gorgeous" he shrugs, making me blush.
"You're making me want to skip the swim, and take you to the car," I say, he licks his lips slowly, tantalizingly slow.
"Do it?" he says, his voice so low it makes me dizzy.
"Eww, please stop" Kalani yells, making us break apart. I notice Deena staring at us eyes wide, her mouth hung open.
"Sorry I want my girlfriend," Kai says making me laugh loudly.
"Try not to want her so publicly" Kalani responds, rolling her eyes.
"Have you seen her, you're lucky I haven't done more?" he says, pushing the hair from his eyes, heat erupts in my stomach at his words.
"Jesus Kai, where is this coming from," I ask, he smirks, my body burning now, as he steps closer.
"I just love you, and I want everyone to know how much," he says, his voice vibrating through me. I just stare now shocked, and quite frankly super turned on.
"Guys please" Kalani whines, making me turn away from Kai, as I step into the water hoping it cools me off. Deena's still staring, her eyes dark.
"You coming," I ask Kai, a smirk on my face. He quickly takes off his shirt, rushing into the water, making me laugh. He grabs me by the waist, pulling my hair behind my shoulders. I quickly dunk under, letting the water fully cool me off. I come up, to Kai smiling widely at me.
"Let me guess I look gorgeous" I mock, striking a very unflattering pose, he nods, his finger moving to trace my cheek lightly.
"Everyones probably so jealous," he says making me laugh.
"I'm sure most people can swim to if they want to"I joke, he groans.
"No, I mean of me" he replies, his fingers moving down my arm, sending electric waves throughout my body.
"Oh I'm sure, I mean look at those muscles," I say squeezing his arm, he sighs.
"Jesus woman I mean because I have you, and they don't. They all probably hate me" he explains, making my heart stop.
"You really love me," I say, he gives me a weird look
"You're just noticing?" he asks, smiling. My head spins, there are so many things I want to say, to do, but it's so hard to put into words.
"I really love you," I say, carding my fingers through his hair, he closes his eyes.
"I am very lovable," he says, making me smile.
"I know you both are very much in love, but I really need you Vi" Kalani says, I look at her then, her eyes red, and slightly puffy. Kai notices, his body hardens.
"I've got this," I say, trudging out of the water.
"What's going on?" I ask as Kalani walks further from Kai.
"Deena, she's flirting with Dylan, and he's flirting back" she stammers, her eyes on the sand.
"What?" I ask confused, there's no way he's flirting back.
"He's flirting with her" she yells, I take a step back.
"There's no way, he doesn't like her," I say, she shrugs violently.
"So you don't believe me?" she asks her voice shaky, I shake my head
"No, that's not it, I'm just saying maybe you saw the wrong thing" I stammer, she groans.
"I didn't he's flirting" she states harshly. I look around then trying to find Dylan, and I spot him next to Deena, he is smiling, but it seems forced. I rush to him now, ready to see what's really going on.
"Violet hey, Dylan and I were just talking," Deena says, a smirk on her pointy face.
"How nice" I seeth, she chuckles.
"Isn't he just the cutest?" she says, placing her hand on his arm, I look at him now, confused as to why he's not pushing her off.
"Can I talk to you for a minute Dylan?" I ask he nods, his face red. I pull him away from Deena, she smirks evilly at me.
"What are you doing?" I ask angrily, his cheeks are red.
"What do you mean?" he asks, I tilt my head.
"Dylan," I say, and he sighs
"I was just trying to find out her angle," he tells me, his eyes anywhere but on me, I can tell he's embarrassed.
"Angle?" I ask, he shoves his hands in his pockets, as he bites his lip slightly.
"I wanted to prove you were right, I was flirting to get info," he says, his cheeks burning red now, guilt burns through me.
"Dylan.... you didn't need to do that," I say, he shrugs
"I just wanted everyone to see what we see," he says, I nod, turning towards Kalani who glaring at us.
"Thank you, but you don't need to sleep with the devil for me" I joke, making him laugh, I chuckle too.
"Now hug me before it gets weird," I say opening my arms, he hugs me, his height lifting me slightly.
"Now I have another question, do you want to date Kalani?" I ask, he looks pained at the question.
"I'm not sure" he whispers, my mouth drops from shock.
"What?" I aks, he groans.
"I just don't think I'm in the right head space for a relationship now, and I don't want to half-ass it with her," he says, I guess I understand.
"You need to tell her," I say, he nods
"I know, it's just hard, cause I want her to be my friend," He says looking in her direction now.
"She'll understand," I say, he nods, that's when I notice Deena sitting next to Kai, laughing loudly.
"She's so gross," I say, and Kai turns to where I'm staring.
"She's batshit crazy," he says, making me laugh.
"Go talk to Kalani," I say, he nods. I watch as he walks towards her, she stiffens and tries to look angry. I turn away not wanting to intrude and walk over to Kai.
"Everything okay?" Denna asks
"Definitely" I respond chipperly, she stiffens.
"What happened?" Kai whispers
"I'll tell you later," I say, pulling him into a kiss that instantly relaxes me.
"Are you trying to distract me?" he asks, inches from my lips.
"Is it working?" I ask
"You could be sitting 10 feet away from me and I'd be distracted," he says, making me laugh-snort. We end up just cuddling, and listening to Deena stupid story about this guys in Italy who stalked her.
"Hey do you guys want to head back to my house," Dylan asks out of nowhere, both of us jump a little.
"We didn't even surf," I say, he shrugs, I turn to Kalani, who seems to be smiling.
"Okay, are your parents out of town?" I ask,  he nods.
"Good," I say looking at Kai, who smirks.
"Sounds great," Deena says putting out a smoke I didn't know she had.
"Are we sleeping over?" I ask, trying not to let Deena ruin my mood.
"Yeah sure," Dylan says placing his long arm around me, I chuckle.
"You do know I'm using your empty house to have sex," I say loud enough for Deena to hear, Dylan laughs, as Kalani gags.
"Happy to be of service at least someones getting laid there," he says making us all laugh, he pulls Kalani in, his arms around both of us now.
"I call shotgun" Deena yells running to the car.
"Sorry but as long as Vi loves me she gets the front," Kai says, making me smile.
"Awhh, now that was cute," Kalani says, Kai blushes, I move from Dylan's arms to his, he kisses my head.
"Okay, but I do have motion sickness in the back so.," she says looking at Dylan
"You can take the front," Kalani says, she smiles skipping to his car. We get into the car, before we realize we left the boards on the beach, the guys rush back down.
"Are you and Dylan a thing?" Deena ask Kalani, who's staring at her shoes.
"Nope, just freinds" she says. I watch to see if she's sad, but she seems okay content even. The guys put the Boards in the cars, and we all head to Dylan's empty house.