Back To Normal

"So we're leaving for the weekend" my aunt blurts at dinner, I look up from my food.
"Where to?" I ask, she smiles romantically.
"It's for our anniversary" she blushes wildly, I smile.
"We're headed to a BnB on the other island" she explains
"That's great" I cheer, they laugh.
"So basically you'll be alone for the weekend" she explains, placing her fork down.
"Now we trust you, but still we have to say no parties" She waggles her finger making me laugh.
"What are you kidding me no huge parties!! How unfair" I moan in fake protest.
"We mean it" I laugh tying up my hair.
"Of course" I say seriously. After dinner I let them watch a movie while I clean up. It's so amazing to see how they are together, it makes me happy. A loud knock sounds at the door as I close the dishwasher.
"I'll get it" I rush to the front door. Kalani, Kai and Dylan stand there.
"HI" I mutter, Kalani has a wide smile on her face.
"Remember I told you I met that cute guy at the store, well we're going out tonight! I need help and these losers came along" she sighs rushing inside.
"I need help" She screeches dramatically making me laugh. Kai interrupts kissing me, I smile.
"Guys..." she urges I laugh leading them into my room.
"Where are you guys going?" I ask plopping down on the bed, Dylan jumps next to me.
"Dinner" she explains spilling her bag on my floor.
"Wow, is this usually how girls get ready for dates?" Dylan laughs
"This is how Kalani gets ready for dates" I explain.
"Just wear that purple dress" Kai mutters sitting at my desk
"Eww what am I a child" she groans holding up a black skintight dress
"How hot is this guy?" I laugh, she sighs.
"I want this to work" she mutters giving me that look, guilt courses through me.
"Of course, okay show me the red one, it'll look great with your tan" I smile, she nods moving to go to the bathroom.
"Who's the guy?" I ask once she leaves
"He's this tall soccer player" Dylan explains playing with a loose thread on my shorts absently.
"Cute?" I ask him, he shrugs
"Objectively, yes" he smiles, I shove him.
"See this is why I love you, you don't care about masculinity norms" I say standing to grab my phone.
"I'm pretty cool yes, but also masculine" he flexes his arm muscles making me laugh
"Okay so yes, no?" She asks twirling around. The Dress looks amazing in her, it hugs all of her curves.
"Wow" Dylan cheers loudly, she blushes.
"It's perfect" I say, she nods turning to look in the mirror. I turn to Kai who's staring at me.
"What?" I mouth, he smirks and it sets me on fire once again. He doesn't say anything just continues to lazily look me up and down, sending shivers all over my body.
"Guys" Kalani whines, we both turn.
"Sorry" I blush
"I'm not" Kai chuckles making me throw a pillow at him. I end up making them all leave when Kalani has to, wanting to spend the night with my aunt and uncle.
"I love you" Kai says pulling me really close.
"Wow, you are really obsessed with me" I chuckle moving a stray piece of his hair. I kiss him then pulling him as close as possible. I relish in the way he sighs contently afterwards, it makes my body lighten.
"Now go I'll see you tomorrow" I push him, he laughs, licking his lips lightly. I watch as they drive away, an annoying smile on my face. The rest of the night I spend watching Jack and Jill.
...
It's three am when I hear a knock at my window. A pang Of panic shoots through me. I quickly turn on my lamp. I see Kai.
"What the hell?" I whisper opening my window.
"Hey sorry, I just wanted to see you" he whispers back. I move back to let him step inside.
"You could have called!" I say, he chuckles.
"Or could have waited till Tomorrow!" I say
"I know, I just, I feel like we've slipped before and I want to spend as much time with you as possible" he explains as we move to the bed.
"Kai, I'm not going any where" I say, placing my hand on his arm, he nods.
"I know honestly Vi, I'm scared I'll mess something up again" I stare shocked.
"You won't we're good, great even. You think I'm gonna leave the best sex I've ever had?" I joke, he laughs, making me smile.
"That makes me feel much better" He smiles moving to kiss me. He pushes me back onto the bed, his hands roaming.
"I was a virgin before I met you, you know, so not much competition" I laugh, he stops giving me that goofy smile.
"You can't give me this one can you?" he laughs, making me laugh loudly.
"I need to keep your ego in check" I stammer as he kisses down my neck, he chuckles and it vibrates against my skin. Heat erupts wherever his mouth lands.
"If my aunt hears us I'm dead" I whisper. He moves off of me, but I pull him back moving to straddle him, he looks amused.
"I didn't mean we should stop" He pulls me down for a heated kiss.
...
It's really early when I sneak Kai out of my window, thank god we didn't fall asleep. I imagined my uncle coming to wake me up, and it wouldn't have been good. I'm back in bed by 5:45, with a huge smile on my face.
"Violet" I hear someone call, just before I was fully back to bed, I sigh turning over.
"What?" I ask, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.
"We're leaving for the weekend, I just wanted to say goodbye" She smiles, I nod moving to give her a small hug.
"Have fun" I call as she leaves.
...
"So you're home alone all weekend?!" Kalani says as we lay on our surfboards letting the waves drift us away.
"Ya basically, why you want to come over?" I ask, she laughs.
"My brother will" I splash her with water, her laugh loudens. I shift sitting up, my legs on either side of the board.
"Hey, hows he at home?" I ask watching as him and Dylan show each other some tricks. I love that they're getting along.
"Kai, he's good. Same old same old" She says, sitting up as well
"Why?" She asks, I shift looking at her
"He's just been pretty clingy, not in a bad way, just different," I say, she nods
"Maybe he's just happy to have you back, he does love you" She smiles, I nod
"I know..., it's, nevermind and don't bring this up to him please." I ask
"Between us" We paddle back to shore.