Ohio

"I think I'm in love" Kalani blushes, I turn to her
Shocked.
"With Jackson?" I ask
"Yes obviously" she laughs.
"Sorry, um are you sure?" I ask, she nods vigorously.
"That's good right?" I ask apprehensively.
"Well it's still pretty new, how do I know it's not too soon?" She asks. I reach over muting her TV. I'm currently at her house watching the notebook.
"Well I'm not sure" I admit, her face falls
"How did this go for you?" She asks, I try to remember how Kai told me.
"Well Kai said it first, and honestly if freaked me out a bit. But I loved him so, I think you should just go for it" I express, she nods.
"You're right. I don't have to wait for him" she exclaims.
"Ya, it's good to be honest" I reply, she nods.
"Do I just tell him or say it organically?" She asks I can feel her nerves.
"Just tell him, it's more your style" I answer, she nods.
"You're right" she nods more to herself than to me. Suddenly the door bursts open, both of us turn. Kai comes tumbling in, Riley attached to his lips. Oh ya they're now dating. I like Riley, but I can't lie and say it's not a bit weird.
"Eww" Kalani screeches and they break apart. Kai immediately eyes me. I don't know if I'm imagining it but he smiles smugly at me.
"Sorry" Riley mumbles blushing.
"Get a room" Kalani yells, making me chuckle.
"Hey girl" Riley smiles at me
"Hey" I smile back
"Cute top" she says walking closer to the couch.
"Thanks, stole it from my mom" I say, she giggles moving to grab some popcorn.
"The notebook" she cheers, I nod.
"Just starting if you want to join" I say, she nods moving to sit between Kalani and I.
"Riley" Kai says, she turns popcorn in her mouth.
"Sorry babe, come watch. It's my favourite movie" she smiles, he nods. We play the movie, Kai's sitting on the love seat, staring aimlessly.
"Jackson's calling!" Kalani says jumping up from the couch.
"Hey babe" she answers walking out the back door.
"They're so cute" Riley coos, I nod stuffing some more popcorn in my mouth.
"So how's Dylan?" Riley asks
"Good, he's actually in Ohio right now" I say
"Really why?" She asks
"His dad had some business, and needed him" I say, she nods
"When is he getting back?"
"Tomorrow"
"So when are you two gonna start dating?" She giggles, I almost choke on the popcorn.
"What?" I ask, she shrugs
"You guys are so cute, you should see the way he looks at you when you're not looking" she says, my stomach flips.
"We're just friends" I say, but I can't help but smile.
"Sure, we'll see how long that lasts" she responds.
"You think he likes me?" I ask, she nods. The thought sends a tingle through me.
"Definitely" she adds
"I don't think so" I hum.
"You're both oblivious" she mutters, Kalani comes back in them blushing.
"Kalani tell Violet that her and Dylan would make an adorable couple" Riley says, kalani's eyes widen.
"What, they're just friends" she says sitting down
"Ya but don't you agree they'd make a cute couple, and they're both oblivious" she says, Kalani grabs some popcorn.
"I mean he does look at you like.. you know that look" she mutters before shovelling popcorn into her mouth.
"See" Riley smirks. I look over at Kai, he's staring back at me. Suddenly I feel wetness pool all over my chest.
"Shit sorry" Riley jumps up. She spilt her drink on me.
"It's fine" I mumble peeling off my shirt. I had my swim suit underneath.
"I'm such a klutz" she says
"It's fine, the water was in a stupid position" I reassure her, she nods. I stand the water dripping down my stomach. I notice Kai's eyes roaming over my chest.
"Can I borrow a shirt?" I ask Kalani, she nods. I head to her room. I rummage through her shirts, I grab a plain white tee, and pull it over me. I head back out, and  there's a towel covering the spot where I was sitting.
"You sit here I'll sit on Kai's lap" Riley says, I nod. I watch as she tries to get comfortable on his lap.
"Sorry again" she mutters
"Totally fine" I assure, she nods.
...
I walk home after the movie, even though Kai insisted on driving me. The walks nice, the suns setting, casting an orange glow over everything. My phone rings out. I see Dylan's face pop onto my screen.
"Hello there" I answer I hear him chuckle
"Hi" he responds.
"So hows Ohio?" I ask, moving around the giant rock.
"Fine, boring" he states
"How's your dad?" I ask
"Same old. He's out right now actually" he says
"Isn't it almost 1 there?" I ask
"Ya he's on a business deal. Wanted me to play the dutiful son. It's gross that he's out longer than his son" he says. My gut twists at his words. I can tell the trips been shitty for him.
"That sucks, I'm sorry" I say, he sighs
"Not your fault"
"Still you deserve better Dyl" I state confidently.
"God I miss you" he says, a smile spreads across my face.
"Obviously" I say, he chuckles, making me blush.
"I miss you too, so come home already" I say
"Working on it Vi" he says. Silence stretches out, but it's not awkward or filled.
"So Riley said something kinda weird" I blurt.
"Jesus why are you hanging out with Riley?" He asks making me laugh.
"She's nice" I defend.
"Seems fishy to me"
"Just listen" I urge
"Fine go ahead"
"Well she was asking about you, then proceeded to tell me how we'd make a cute couple." I blush despite being the one telling the story.
"Maybe she's overcompensating for Kai" he stammers. I'm disappointed, what the hell did I expect him to say. I like you?! God I can be dumb.
"How so?"
"Well That trick where you set up your boyfriends ex with another guy to get her fully away from him" he explains
"Trust me I think she knows I'm done with Kai. I mean I'm fine with my ex making out with his girlfriend in front of me" I say, he laughs
"They actually burst through the door today making out" I laugh
"Seriously, now that's just tacky." He says
"I don't know maybe if you're like super into the person" I exclaim
"Ya, like when you can't keep your hands off them, you know where you can't ever not touch them"
He says, my stomach coils tightly as the kiss pops into my head.
"Ya like that"
"Anyway I'm gonna head to bed, I'll see you tomorrow" he says, I nod even though he can't see me.
"Night"
"Night vi" he hangs up the phone. God, I think I may have feeling for my best friend!