One More Good Day

I rush into the water, laughing loudly as Kai chases me. He grabs my waist swinging me around, making me laugh-snort, which makes him laugh louder.
"Let me go" I yell, still laughing. He slides me down against his body, our faces millimeters apart. my eyes linger on his lips, and before I know it we were kissing, our hands tangled in each others hair.
"Jesus you two really can't keep your hands off each other for five minutes," Kalani says splashing us with water.
"Get used to it," I say, just before rushing off into deeper water, letting it lap at my shoulders, before diving under. The water fills my ears, making me numb to all the noise outside of the water. Kai pulls me up, his arms wrapping around my waist, I smile, as my hair falls in front of my face. He pushes the hair from my face, his fingers lingering on my cheek, his smile sends shivers all over my body. I place my arms around his neck, relishing in the way his arms feel wrapped around me.
"You're gorgeous you know that," he says, and my whole body melts into his
"You're sexy, you know that" I respond carding my fingers through his hair. He closes his eyes, humming slightly, it makes me blush. He pushes our bodies closer and kisses me. My body feels like it's on fire from his touch, he laces our fingers together, bringing our arms above our heads. When we break apart, I'm breathless and my lips are swollen.
"God, I'm glad I met you," he says, his voice barely above a whisper. My body hums in response, and I move closer. He looks at me now his eyes intense, it makes my body heat with anticipation.
"I want to tell you something, but I think it might freak you out," he says, and excitement courses through me.
"It won't" I respond, he chuckles
"You sure you're not going to freak out and ignore me every time I text you after this" he questions making me laugh.
"Yes, now tell me," I demand, he laughs
"I love you," He says, and my heart feels like it's exploded in my chest.
"I love you" I reply, he laughs, and spins us around, making me laugh loudly. We kiss now, but it's slower, more passionate, more just us showing how much we love each other. He smiles into the kiss, and it's the best feeling.
"Okay love birds it's time to surf" Kalani yells from her surfboard, we finally break apart, and start swimming to shore to grab our boards. The waves are amazing today, and I actually catch a few, but to be honest, I watch Kai because, him shirtless on a surfboard is the hottest thing I've ever experienced. We spend hours in the water, I mostly float on my board and tan, but still, it's amazing to just be in the water. Finally, we get out when our stomachs can be heard from the beach. The bonfire has started, as usual, everyone is laughing loudly. I start looking for my bag when I bump into someone.
"Sorry," I say looking up to find Luna. I notice her face is very red.
"Have a good time at my party?" She asks, I roll my eyes and continue walking to where I see my bag. I finally get to my bag and grab my shirt, pulling it over my head, when someone grabs my waist pulling me against their broad chest.
"Couldn't even wait till my shirt was on" I joke, he chuckles, and it vibrated through me
"Well I'de prefer your shirt off" he whispers sending hot prickles all over my body.
"Oh is that so," I say turning to face him now, his eyes trace my face, landing on my lips.
"I prefer you anyway," he says, making me laugh
"Well, to be honest, I prefer you shirtless," I say, shrugging. He laughs loudly, making the people around us look.
"You totally stole my friend," Kalani says, pulling me towards her.
"I'm sorry, but she is my girlfriend," he says smirking.
"Well friend first," she says, and now I laugh.
"She is right," I say, he looks at me incredulously, he looks so cute. Kalani then drags me towards the drinks thrusting one in my direction I take it. I also grab a hand full of chips from the table, as my staunch roars.
"You guys are disgustingly cute," she says, as we sit down by the fire.
"Thanks," I say, my mouth full,she smiles
"So that hickey," she says pointing to my neck, I cover it quickly with my hand, she laughs
"I forgot I had that," I say
"No one's gonna care if anything you'll get Luna over their even angrier," She tells me, I snort
"Yeah, I guess that's a plus," I tell her, she nods, and chugs the rest of her drink, I follow.
"So I was thinking we have a huge sleepover just us obviously, and we can binge a bunch of movies, and eat like pigs," Kalani says, and I smile enthusiastically
"Yes!!! I really want to plus we need to talk about things" I say looking at Haku, she nods.
"When though?" I ask as she pours us some more drinks.
"Well we can do it tonight," she says
"Can we do it tomorrow it's just I don't want my aunt sleeping alone at the house, tomorrow my uncle gets back?" I tell her, she nods In agreement. Kalani is super wasted in no time, and it's hilarious. I stopped drinking after my second drink, and ate a bowl
Full of chips cause I don't want to go home drunk.
"Hey," Kai says as he places his arm around me, I smile up at him.
"Hey yourself" I reply, grabbing his hand.
"She's wasted isn't she?" he asks, making me laugh loudly as Kalani plays in the sand as Haku's praises her on her sandcastles.
"Oh definitely, but she told me to tell you that Haku is driving her home, and don't worry cause he hasn't been drinking" I recite, he nods
"Do you wanna head back?" He asks as I yawn, and nod. We say goodbye to Kalanai, and Haku and make our way up to Kai's car.
"So Kalani, and I are having a sleepover tomorrow, and you're not invited," I say, he laughs
"Well I'm really offended, but when do we get to have our own sleepover?" he asks, and my skin heats instantly.
"Sorry if that was too much," he says, suddenly nervous
"No, it was cute," I say, grabbing his free hand, he smiles.
"Plus I want another sleepover," I say feeling bold, he looks over his eyebrows raised. He parks in the driveway, and I take off my seatbelt, and throw my arms around him, pulling him into me.
"I really want another sleepover," I say as memories of that night flow through my head, he smirks, and it sends a tingle down my spine.
"So do I" He replies, breaking the distance between us, and kisses me. I love the way he envelopes me when we kiss, I'm surrounded by his heavenly sent, I feel like we're one person.
"I have to go in I don't want to give my aunt a reason to ground me," I say between kisses, he groans.
"Okay," he mopes, as we break apart. He opens the car door, hopping out, I stare at him confused.
"What are you doing?" I ask as he opens my door, and I hop out.
"I wanna walk my girlfriend to her door," he says, and I melt.
"It's five feet away," I say, he shrugs. We get to the door quickly, and He leans in for a kiss.
"Oh so you thought that you would walk me to my door for more kisses," I say, he nods, and it's the cutest thing ever.
"I just wanted to extend this as much as possible," he tells me as I step closer. I can feel his body heat as he moves closer to me.
"Well it's a good thing I can be very slow," I say placing my hands around his neck, he smiles down at me, making goosebumps rise on my arms. He kisses me then, and our bodies melt into each other, god I love him.
"I love you," I say as we break apart, he smiles.
"God I love you," he says, I'm about to go in for another kiss when the door swings open, we both turn surprised. I don't see my aunt, which surprises me more, but my mom is staring back at me.
"Mom?" I say, my voice sounding little, she looks between us a smile on her face.