We're A Thing?

"Alright I admit one of the best movies I've ever seen" Kai says once the credits roll, making Kalani, and I roll our eyes.
"Obviously" She says, standing up to stretch, I follow, my legs cramping. I raise my hands above my head, feeling the tension release from my cramped legs, and I squeal.
"Shut it, I know you squeal when you stretch everyone does" I say as Kai chuckles
"I didn't say anything" he says standing up, our bodies are closer than I thought they would be.
"I can tell by your face" I say, my voice sounding breathless even to my own ears, he has a shit eating grin on.
"What?!" I ask my hands on my hips now
"Nothing, I just like you," he says, making my body tingle, and heat spread through my body. I couldn't think of a cute response, it's like my mouth was glued shut.
"Okay mom called, they're not coming home tonight, they're staying with grandma, and gramps," Kalani says, I back up, finally able to breathe properly. She looks at us, smiling slightly.
"So that means Vi is sleeping over," Kalani says
"Kalani, you can't make her sleepover" Kai says, and for some reason, it makes me sad.
"I don't have to stay Lani," I say. Kai looks at me now, then he looks horrified.
"I didn't mean that you shouldn't, I want you to really, I just meant she can't make you stay if you need to go home" Kai corrects looking flustered, it makes me blush.
"I'll have to call my aunt first," I say, and Kalani sweats with excitement. I grab my phone and call my aunt.
"Hey, is everything okay?" She answers
"Yeah, I was just wondering if I could stay at Kalani's tonight her parents won't be home, so she wants me to say," I ask
"Oh, sure I don't see why not, just text me what time you'll be home tomorrow" she responds, I can hear rustling in the background.
"I will, thanks," I say, we say love you before hanging up.
"She said yes," I say putting my phone back into my bag. Kalani squeals again, jumping on me.
"Alright, So how about some surfing?" She asks, I nod. Kalani then drags me toward her room. She tosses me a black bikini, that looks a bit small.
"It will work, trust me," she says, pushing me toward the washroom. I put the bathing suit on, it actually fits pretty well, just slightly small.
"See" she says as I walk back in, she tosses me a long shirt that smelt like Kai's cologne, I put it on.
"You ready?" Kalani asks, I nod, and grab my bag, as we head out to find Kai.
"Come on Kai" Kalani yells grabbing some snacks, and shoving them into a reusable bag.
"Coming jeez" he says walking into the kitchen shirtless. I'm sure I'm staring, and I quickly look away.
"Did you put the surfboards in the car?" She asks, taking a bit of a banana, he nods still looking at me, I blush.
"Okay, lets go then" she says in a duh voice, Pulling me towards the car. She stretches out in the back seat, leaving me to sit up front, which I don't mind. Kai comes into the car, he smirks at me, and I look at him confused.
"You're wearing my shirt" he says, still smiling, I look down at the long shirt I was wearing.
"Oh, Kalani gave it to me" I say looking back at her, she smiles sweetly.
"Kalani you have to stop taking my stuff, all my shirts are missing" he says, but he still smiles.
"Oh I didn't think you would mind, you know since you guys are a thing now" she says matter of factly, my jaw drops.
"What?!" I ask, as Kai stares at her through the mirror, she just smiles.
"Guys, I'm not dumb. You were flirting up a storm, and my brother never looks at anyone like that." she says, smirking, I blush. I look at Kai, and I can see a slight blush, it makes butterflies swarm in my stomach.
"We aren't that obvious, and we're not a thing, we haven't talked about it," I say feeling embarrassed at assuming.
"You're a thing," she says, making me laugh now, finally we're at the beach! Kalani rushes out, grabbing her surfboard, and running to the water.
"So," I say feeling instantly dumb
"I want to be a thing" he blurts, making my heart soar
"Same" I respond, and he smiles that heart melting smile. I then grab my board, and rush to the water, he follows. I let the water run over my feet, and it brings a beautiful sense of calm over me. I take off my shirt, and throw it on the beach, as I jump into the water. I look back, and find Kai doing the same. We stay in the water for so long, until our fingers prune, and stars explode across the night sky.
"This is amazing," I say as we all lay on our surfboards staring at the stars.
"can we get out now, I'm starving, and the bond fire is starting" Kalani says, making me  sit up. People have gathered on the beach now.
"I thought we were just surfing" I say, anxiety creeping up on me.
"Oh shit I forgot to tell you tonight's another bond fire" she says, looking sorry.
"We can leave" Kai interjects looking at me deeply, he understands my hesitation.
"No it's okay, I was just surprised" I tell him, as he places his hand on my thigh. Goosebumps rise onto my body at his touch.
"Seriously though I'm starving" Kalani repeats making us laugh. We paddle in, and there are a lot of people gathering now. The slight breeze chills me, and I shiver. I guess Kai notices because he wraps his arms around me, instantly warming me.
"Everyone's looking" I notice, he laughs, and I feel it vibrate across my back.
"Who cares" he says, making me smile
"I thought you did" I say, he looks down at me.
"No, I just didn't want to force this on you" he says, and of course he was thinking of me.
"Well I don't care" I say, making him smile. Making him smile make me proud, I mean it's kinda like an accomplishment.
"Good, cause I don't think I could keep myself fromk kissing you" he says, and I swear I swoon, like in the movies, pick me up off the floor cause I'm down.
"So kiss me" I say, surprised at my boldness, but I didn't care I wanted him to kiss me. He leans in slowly, the anticipation kills me, and I think he knows that, he has a shit eating grin on his face. So I grab his face, and smash our lips together, he grunts in surprise, making me laugh. The kiss turns heated fast, and I don't care how many people are staring, I want to be in this moment forever. We finally break apart, my cheeks are definitely red, but it's dark out, I hope no one notices. I hear some dangling noise, like the sound of chains rustling together, coming towards us, I turn and see Luna..... great!