A Lot

We end up coming home really late, we snuck in so we wouldn't wake Kalani, who was sleeping soundly on her bed.
"Night" I say as he stops at Kalani's door.
"Night" he repeats, a small smile on his face. I kiss his cheek, and head into Kalani's room. I get into the bed slowly, trying not to wake her, she shuffles, but continue to lightly snore. I fall asleep with a smile on my face. I wake up to the smell of bacon, and of course I'm drooling. I turn towards Kalani's side, but she isn't there. I get up slowly stretching the sleep from my body. I go to the bathroom, and put some toothpaste on my finger, and brush my teeth as best I can. I head towards the kitchen, dying for a cup of coffee, and what I see is the cutest thing. Kalani, and Kai are cooking breakfast together, there's some quiet music playing, and they seem in sync. I watch as Kai passes her the tongs, and she flips the bacon, it's really enchanting. I start clapping, and startle then both.
"This is amazing," I say, making Kalani laugh.
"Oh this is nothing," she says, as I sit down on a bar stool.
"You guys are so cute!" I say, and a cup of steaming coffee is passed to me from Kai.
"I know I'm cute," Kai says, making me laugh, I take a sip, and I'm in heaven.
"I made the coffee, not him" Kalani says, he pushes her. 
"Well I appreciate it, I don't function without coffee in my body!" I say, making both of them laugh.
"So how was the rest of your night with Haku ?" I ask Kalani, wiggling my eyebrows, she smiles shyly.
"Good, we just chilled at the beach, but we're actually meeting up at the beach today, obviously you guys can come," She says, although I can tell she wants to be alone with him.
"Also, I saw you guys leave early, and get in pretty late..." she smirks making me blush
"We got mcdicks," I tell her, as Kai meets my eyes, smiling. She looks at us, still smirking.
"Sure...." she responds, as she continues cutting up some tomatoes for the omelet. I help, make the omelette. We end up eating everything that was made, and it was a lot of food.
"Okay, so I'm leaving, and you guys can come with or not whatever you want!" She says, after we finish cleaning up.
"Actually we have other plans but thanks" Kai says, I look up at him confused, he just smiles.
"It's a surprise" he says once Kalani skips out the door.
"Oh really, was this surprised planned or.." I ask.
"You'll see" he responds leaning closer.
"I don't have any clothes here besides this" I say pointing down to his shirt, and my shorts, he laughs.
"That works" he tells me
"But this surprise happens at sunset, so we have time" he continues, grabbing my hand, and dragging me to the couch.
"So, we just wait" I ask as he flips through channels.
"Yup" he says, I stare at him now, he looks straight forward. I push him now, and he laughs.
"You suck, making me wait in anticipation " I tell him, leaning back against the couch.
"Good things come to those who wait" he responds, and proceeds to laugh at himself.
"Your annoying" I say, he continues to laugh. We end up watching a show called brickleberry it's crazy, and inappropriate, but fucking hilirious.
"We're halfway through the second season, when he turns the tv off.
"What..?" I ask confused, he points outside, and I check my phone, 6:30, almost sunset.
"Let's go" he says, I groan
"But.." I say, as he extends his hand toward me.
"Oh now you don't want to know your surprise" he says raising his eyebrows.
"No, no I want to know, let's go" I say jumping up. We drive in relative silence, except for some belting of the songs on my part. Finally he parks, I don't see anything around.
"Where are we?" I ask, he just gets out, I follow him. He grabs my hand, and leads me down a pathway, I'm completely confused, until I see candles. Candles are spread everywhere, and it leads to a sandy beach. I look around in awe, and notice a table set up in the middle of the beach.
"Holy shit" I say, as we walk towards the table.
"I may have went a little over board, but I wanted it to be special" he says, and butterflies float through my body.
"This is amazing, but you didn't have to" I say, as we sit down.
" I know you don't expect things like this, but I wanted to" he says, making me smile.
"Also I can't cook, so I brought pizza" he says lifting a box of pizza from under the table.
"Well it better have pineapple on it" I say, he just looks at me mouth wide open.
"I fucking love pineapple on pizza" he says, making me laugh.
"Okay I swear your unlike anyone I've ever known" he tells me, as I take a giant bite of my pizza.
"Im a weird person" I say, popping a piece of pineapple In my mouth.
"I like weird, a lot" he says, making me blush. After pizza, and a lot of laughing at his dumb jokes, and blowing out all the candles so no fires are started, we start walking along the water.
"I've never been on a date like this before" I tell him, watching as the water laps at my toes. He smiles, and it brings goose bumps on my arms.
"I wanted to do something that had the water involved, but wasn't surfing so.." he says, I stop now, walking into the water.
"What are you doing?" He asks, while I'm waist deep now in the ocean.
"I didn't get to swim today, and you know how I get when I don't swim" I say, shrugging. I fall backwards now into the water, letting the water sway my body. I dip under,the whole world washes away, that is until I feel two hands on my waist. I get lifted out of the water, to a smiling Kai, he's laughing loudly.
"You're crazy" he says over the crashing waves.
"Well I did get you in here" I say, as he moves my wet hair from my face.
"Haven't you figure it out yet, I like you a lot" he says.
"I like violet" he yells to the ocean, spreading his arms out. I wrap my arms around his neck, and kiss him.