Get Over It

I wake up to the sun streaming in my face, shit I forgot to close my blinds last night. I grab my phones checking the time, it's 7:15 ewww. I stand quickly shutting my blinds, before hopping back into bed. I move my computer off the bed carefully trying not to wake Kalani who's snoring lightly. I lay back down, closing my eyes, but I'm no longer tired. I groan
"Fuck my life" I whisper, Kalani shuffles, but continues snoring. I slowly get out of bed, heading to the bathroom. I stare at my reflection, my eyes puffy, I touch them dragging down my eyelid slightly.
"I look like I've had an allergy attack" I say to myself before grabbing my toothbrush. After I finish in the bathroom I head to the kitchen grabbing a cup of coffee. I head out to the porch with my coffee. I watch someone pace at the bottom of the stairs to the beach.
"Jesus Kai is that you?" I yell recognizing his hair. He turns around, his face tired looking. I walk down the steps, as he continues pacing.
"What are you doing here at 7 in the morning?" I ask, he looks nervous.
"I'm sorry" he says, his voice wavers.
"Kai" I mutter, he runs his hand violently through his hair.
"Yesterday was really bad for us, for you, I'm sorry that your mom left, I'm sorry that I couldn't be there for you. I'm sorry about Deena" he expresses, I stare at him shocked.
"God I'm horrible, I'm a heartless bitch" I utter to myself, beginning to pace.
"No, I get that you were scared, and I pushed you, and then I felt useless, and Deena started telling me that your the type of person who needs space, and I know you probably needed space but all I wanted to do was protect you" he continues, his arms stilling me in place.
"I'm sorry I couldn't be more open with you, you deserve more" I respond, he looks at me sympathetically.
"I don't do sympathy, and I'm being honest with you, when someone shows sympathy or looks at me like you were looking at me I freak out. I get weird, and angry, and then I saw you with Deena and I felt like that loser back in high school. Also this conversation right now is making me immensely uncomfortable" I recite quickly, my eyes darting between him and the sand. Suddenly he starts laughing, it's a belly laugh, and I stare at him shocked.
"And now your laughing" I say confused.
"No, not at you I promise. I'm laughing because you're really cute, and I love you" he says, making me smile.
"You're annoying" I respond.
"You love me" he says, pulling me into him by latching onto my waist.
"Your gonna make me spill my coffee" I pronounce.
"Oh I'm sorry, let me get that for you" he says grabbing my coffee, and spilling it into the sand.
"Hey, I was drinking that" I say trying to grab the cup back.
"I'll bye you another one, now kiss me" he says, my stomach flutters with excitement.
"What if I don't want to" I say defiantly, he chuckles sexily.
"I think you do" he whispers, my body instantly heating up.
"Your right I do" I say pulling him into me, our lips mashing together. I grab onto his hair, pulling slightly because I know how much he likes it. The kiss leaves me feeling lighter, happier.
"I don't like Deena," I say as we pull apart, he chuckles.
"She's gone," he says dramatically, making me laugh.
" I'm serious she likes you," I say, our lips millimeters apart.
"Well I don't like her, so don't you trust me?" he asks, his fingers tracing my lower back.
"Your right, I trust you, but if she comes onto you I'll break her" I declare, he nods.
"I'll let you" he responds, before kissing me passionately.
"Yayyyy" someone cheers making us break apart. We both turn to look up the stairs, as Kalani smiles down at us.
"We made up" I yell, she smiles and nods.
"Yeah, I saw that with all the gross sexy looks" she replies making us all laugh. Kai and I head up towrards the house. We make breakfast while Kalani dances like an idiot to whatever's on the radio.
"Morning" my aunt says a huge smile on her face, I give her a quick hug before handing her some coffee.
"What's all this?" My uncle asks after I hand him his coffee.
"Well I just wanted to say thank you for taking me in this summer, I really appreciate it" I tell them. They look at each other smiling before grabbing me and hugging me.
"Now time to stuff our faces" I say as Kalani finishes setting the table. The breakfast is great, we laugh, and joke.
"Alright I have to head out, Stanley needs me go over some of the construction plans with the owners" my uncle says getting up, and kissing my aunt.
"I'll pick up some take out on my way home just text me" he says before rushing to his car.
"Alright, everything's clean, and Sarah wants to go
Pick up some plants for her garden so I'm off to help with that, I'll text you before I head home, love you see you after" she says, before heading out.
"Okay so are we surfing or?" Kalani asks, suddenly Kai's phone rings out.
"It's Deena" he says, and I try not to roll my eyes.
"She wants to go surfing" he reads, my stomach churns.
"So?" Kalani asks
"Let's go, but can we go watch a movie in a theatre tonight?" I ask
"Yes, I haven't had movie theatre popcorn in so long"
Kalani cheers making me laugh. Kalani and I dress quickly before piling into Kai's Jeep that has the boards already in it.
"You're Okay if Deena comes right" Kai whispers, I nod trying to get past the jealousy.
"Yeah it doesn't bother me" I say, he nods but smirks slightly
"Shut it" I say, he shrugs. Kalani runs to the water as Kai unloads the boards. I see Deena in the water, her blonde hair illuminated by the light. Kai passes me my board, I smile at him.
"Come on I want to see that bottom turn" he says, grabbing both his, and Kalani's board, his muscles bulging.
"You look super sexy right now" I state, as we continue walking, he smiles proudly.
"Oh do my muscles turn you on" he jokes
"Eww perv, you make it sound nasty" I groan, making him laugh as he throws down both boards.
"Oh I'm sorry" he says pulling me into him, and kissing me. 
"Was that better?" He asks breaking away from the kiss leaving my lips swollen.
"I think you could do better" I stammer, pulling him back for another kiss.