Im Sure

He wins, by 10 points, and I couldn't be more proud, I'm obviously not surprised. I rush up to him after he gets his trophy, he opens his arms, and I rush into them.
"Told you I would win" he says, his hair dripping still.
"Well obviously you wanted us to get a room" I say, he chuckles, but I'm serious.
"I'm serious" I say, he looks at me now, his eyes tracing my face. I take his trophy now, inspecting it.
"Yup that's right everyone my boyfriend won" I yell, making him laugh loudly, then I notice Luna, she's walking up to us.
"Congrats" She says, her eyes never leaving my face, I groan.
"Thanks" he says, as I move closer to him, handing him his trophy, his arm goes instantly around me.
"So we must celebrate, I'm having a huge party at my house, you know where it is. Anyway you guys have to come, it starts at 9 tonight" she says, playing with the ends of her hair. Kai shakes his head, I guess about to say no.
"We'll be there" I say before he can answer, she smiles viciously.
"Great" She says winking then turning away from us.
"See you tonight" she yells, as she struts away.
"What, why did you say yes" he asks, as we start walking to the car.
"Because I want to celebrate tonight with you, and I thought her party would be a good place to tell my aunt I was going to tonight" I say, he stops now, his eyes shocked.
"Vi" he says, as if making sure I'm ready.
"I want to, I mean unless..." I can't finish the thought , it makes me feel so pathetic.
" I want to, trust me I want to... I just want you to be sure" he says, now grabbing my waist pulling me closer.
"I'm sure" I say, grabbing his neck, pulling his lips to mine. We get to the car, Kalani is leaning agianst it, her arms crossed.
"Hey, congrats" she says pushing off the car, and hugging him, he smiles.
"Thanks, did Luna invite you to her party?" He asks, as he straps his board to the top of his car.
"Yup, but I obviously won't go if you're not," she says in a duh voice. Her arms are still crossed as if she had just gotten into a fight.
"We're going, you should go" he tells her, she nods, and then turns to me.
"You're okay with going?" She asks, her eyebrows raised.
"Yup, I want to celebrate" I say, moving my eyes over Kai's body, he smirks, and it sends heat throughout my body.
"Oh, well Haku is driving me, so I'll see u guys later" she says, her voice harder than normal. We drive back to my house, and I'm still confused at Kalani's reaction.
"Hey is Kalani Okay?" I ask,
"I'm sure she's just in a bad mood" he tells me, his eyes glued to the road.
"Are you going to talk to her?" I ask, he sighs
"With Kalani it's best to just give it time" he says, grabbing my hand, and kissing it, good bumps break out on my skin. Kai plans to pick me up at 9, so I have time to get ready.
"I'll see you later" he says, I move closer, and kiss him quickly.
"Later" I say quietly, hopping out of the car. I head inside, where I hear my aunt talking on the phone  quiet but angry.
"What do you mean Cheryl, your daughter needs you" my aunt yells, her voice hoarse. My throat seems to close up.
"She shouldn't be involved, she's your daughter he's your ex it's doesn't mean you have to leave" she yells now, I walk further in, carful not to make any noise. My body feels heavy, my legs anchored to the floor.
"She's been through so much because of him, and now this!" She says, I can hear tears in her voice, and it brings tears to my own eyes.
"Cheryl, we're not done taking" she says, as I slump against the wall, my body suddenly exhausted.
"Cheryl" she says one last time, and I know she's hung up, she always does. I hear my aunt, slam the phone down, the noise rings out in the empty house. I stand up now, walking towards the kitchen, wiping the tears away.
"Hey" I say, she looks up, her eyes red.
"Hey, How was the tournament?" She asks turning around to wipe her eyes quickly.
"Good, he won" I tell her sitting down on the bar stool. Silence floats around us, and I look down at my hands, unable to speak for some reason.
"Good, listen honey I know you heard me talking, and I'm sorry I yelled" she says, and that's when I break down, tears streaming down my face. She walks around the island, and hugs me tightly, I inhale her sent, she smells like vanilla, and it calms me.
"I'm sorry" she says, kissing the top of my head.
"Thanks for being here, thanks for talking to her" I say, my voice stuffy, she nods.
"I'll always be here" she responds wiping some tears from my face.
"Now come on, lets make some tea, and we can watch a movie" she says, walking toward the tea kettle. We make tea, eat cookies while we watch just go with it, one of my favourite movies. I can't help but replay the conversation with my mom over in my head, and I realize she hasn't even texted me once since I've been here. My aunt starts cracking jokes, noticing my mood, and it's helps a lot. I help make dinner for just the two of us since Uncle Tom is out of town till tomorrow.
"Oh, is it okay if I go to a party tonight?" I ask, as we eat, and watch another Adam Sandler movie.
"Yeah sure, anyway Sarah wanted to have a girls wine night since her husband out of town, she'll probably end up sleeping over just so you know" she says, I nod. It's cute to see my aunt with her friend, Sarah shows up an hour after our conversation, she's really funny, and quirky.
"Anyway go get ready for your party, leave us oldies be" She says after she finishes telling me about how she use to be a groupie for her boyfriends band.
"Yeah I probably should, Okay well you guys have fun" I say, they laugh, and I head to my room. I rummage through my closet, stopping at a black, and white dress, that catches my eye. I wear my vans, and accessorize for one. Although not too much, just my pendent necklace, and some rings. I don't put on too much makeup, just a simple brown shadow look and some lipgloss. I grab my purse, and check the time. It's 9, and I have a text from Kai saying he just left, and will be there in 10. I go out to the living room to say bye, and smile as I watch my aunt, and Sarah  laugh wildly, with wineglasses in their hands, they're adorable.
"Okay I'm heading out, I'll text you when I get there, but I'll probably be home late, Also have fun, but not too much" I say, they laugh loudly to each other.
"Okay love you see you later" She say
"Love you" I yell, before I close the door. I inhale, the ocean breeze calming my frayed nerves. I'm nervous for tonight, but I'm also so ready for it. The gravel crunches, and I know Kai's here. Here we go!