Home

The sun shines brightly through the open window. I shift groaning slightly as the light catches my eyes. I turn quickly hitting into Dylan's chest. I open my eyes fully blinking a couple times so my eyes can focus. Dylan lays soundly beside me, his soft snores filling the quiet room. I sit up stretching my stiff body. I look around the empty room, the stack of boxes catching my eye. I stand up, and head to the kitchen for some water. I maneuver around the mounds of boxes. I grab myself a glass of water before heading to the back porch. A soft breeze passes over me and I smile. I sit down on the top step placing my glass beside me. I watch the waves lap onshore. A surge of happiness shoots through me  as I look around my surroundings. A memory of a year ago flows through me. The feeling of loneliness and anxiety rooted me to my bed for the fourth day in a row. I remember feeling so completely out of it I couldn't see tomorrow let alone my future. I close my eyes taking a deep breath. Everything feels so different now. I freeze when I feel two arms wrap around my middle.
"Jesus" I laugh, Dylan kisses my neck lightly.
"Sorry, I did say your name" he shrugs, I crane my neck to peck his lips lightly.
"I was zoned out, it's so nice out" I explain, he chuckles and I feel it against my back.
"How did you sleep?" He asks pulling me closer
"Good, except we need blinds" I laugh, he nods.
"Ya, I guessed that much" he responds. We sit out on the porch for a while, talking about how we plan to set up the living room. It's all very domestic.
"Hello" someone calls from the front door. Dylan shrugs but stands to go see who it is. Laney rushes in then a big pair of glasses on.
"Hey" she groans, her hair is a mess, and her skin looks pale.
"You look like shit" I laugh as she moves past a confused Dylan to sit beside me.
"I feel like it, I drank so much" she groan leaning against me. She has an iced coffee in hand, she takes a sip.
"I hate you for letting me get that fucked" she adds chomping on ice.
"I know for next time" I quip she laughs. I notice Dylan went inside probably to make some coffee.
"So what are you guys up to today?" She asks
"We're gonna unpack, most likely. You?" I ask, she sighs dramatically making me laugh.
"Probably go on tinder, find a cute boy to fuck with" she chuckles I shove her, making her laugh louder.
"What not all of us can have what you guys have"
She sighs
"It took me a long time to have him" I say, she nods.
"I know, and honestly I'm not ready for all that domestic shit" she counters making me chuckle.
"Anyway I'm off just wanted to say hi, you guys have fun unpacking" and stands. She blows me a kiss before rushing off. I sigh before standing and heading inside. I start with the boxes in the living room, seems like the best place.
...
It's takes us all day, and we still have some random boxes shoved in our coat closet. I plop down on the couch, my legs aching from being on them all day. Dylan plops down next to me, his head resting on my shoulder.
"I'm exhausted!" He huffs, I nod in agreement.
"We have to set up a stupid house warming party tomorrow" I groan realizing all the shit we still need to do.
"Ya, But first can we eat something cause I'm starving" he looks up at me, blinking. I nod moving to peck his lips lightly. I stand and he groans melting into the couch.
"Come on, we have no food, so we're going to get some" I extend my hand. He grins at me, and reaches for my hand.
"I'll grab the keys" he says, I nod heading to the front.
...
We end up going to the trusty diner, deciding that we'll go grocery shopping tomorrow. I texted Kalani to tell her, as well as Laney. I spot Kai immediately, his eyes glued to mine. He rushes over a smile on his face.
"Hey" I say, he nods looking over at Dylan his smile dims slightly.
"Just the two?" He asks turning back to me.
"We'll grab a booth, Kalani might come" I explain, he nods moving towards an empty booth. He hands us the menus and grabs his pen and paper.
"Drinks?" He asks
"Water" I say, Dylan nods in agreement. Kai rushes off. My phone rings and I quickly pick it up.
"You're at the diner?" Kalani answers
"Ya, you want to join?" I ask as Dylan grazes over the menu.
"I was just on my way" she laughs
"Okay see you soon then" I say
"See ya" she hangs up.
"She's on her way" I explain, he nods.
"I'm ordering so much it's embarrassing" Dylan says making me laugh loudly.
"I'm with you" I agree, he grins, and it's the type of grin that makes me blush wildly.
"Don't" I say, he shrugs. He always does this at the most random times. I could be talking about something so boring and he gives me that wicked look.
"I don't know what you're saying" he shrugs looking back down at his menu.
"You're annoying" I blush looking down, he chuckles.
"I'm here" Kalani rushes in sliding in beside me, just as Kai brings our waters to the table.
"I'll get a lemonade" she interjects, Kai nods, rushing back.
"So how was You're guys's day?" She asks smiling widely.
"Exhausting, we unpacked a lot" I say, she nods playing with the salt shaker on the table.
"Sounds super fun" She quips
"What about you?" I ask
"I actually did nothing today, just chilled at home, and realized that what I want to do with my life" She states excitedly.
"Ooooh, tell us" I ask just as excited.
"I want to be a mom" she says and to be honest my jaw drops, I look at her confused. She's only 17, she just graduated high school.
"Kalani" I stammer, just as Kai walks back with her lemonade, she gives me that be quiet look.
"You guys know what you want?" He asks, we all order but Kalanis words echo in my head.
"Okay now tell me what's going on?" I ask once he leaves.
"I want to be a mom and I love Jackson, I think he'd be a great dad. Plus he's in school for engineering that's smart and pays well" she explains, I just stare shocked. What the fuck is she thinking?!