Newt // Perfect *REQUEST*

* This was requested by @SubjectA15TheFangirl
I'm so sorry for how long it took me to write this but thanks for being so patient with me! It's short but it was my first song inspired story so I hope you all like how it turned out.

This is based off the song Perfect by Ed Sheeran *

Third Person POV

// I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me //

He didn't know what he was getting himself into. He didn't know that his whole life would be flipped upside down for the second time, this time in a good way. He didn't know that that innocent girl sitting at the bottom of the Box would wrap him around her finger.

There was no hesitation when it came to them. Those two dove into the unknown with open arms, waiting for that warm feeling to take residence inside their hearts. It was a pull at their heartstrings until the beating of their heart was manipulated by the presence of the other.

He didn't know he needed her until it was too late. Until the girl brought him new feelings that he never wanted to be without again. Until he spent his every day wanting her like she was the air invading his lungs, her scent clogging his nose. Until he learned soulmates were real, and he had found his.

// Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine //

The others thought they were crazy—klunked in the head as Minho liked to call it. The two teens didn't listen to their friends, blinded by the view of the other. They didn't know what they were doing, but they knew it was worth it whatever it was.

They didn't have much to give. They didn't have practically any possessions worthy as gifts to the other anyways, but they had something better. He gave her his heart, and she gave him hers in return. Their love was dumped on each other like buckets of water, the droplets clinging to every inch of their bodies until they were happily drenched in it.

// Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight //

So the two stand there, the only light is the lantern with a single flame hanging off a branch. The Gladers have been long asleep for hours thus letting the pair be alone.

His hands are coiled around her frame, one hand on her lower back and the other on her upper back for more of that burning touch. Her left hand is curved around his neck, gently rubbing until her fingertips brush into his disheveled hair; her right is clenched around the fabric of his shirt on his shoulder. Their chests are pressed so tight together that their breaths have coincided, rising and sinking synchronically.

Neither of them can recall ever listening to music, not even a single note. But she knows her favorite song is the one he's humming right now. It's a soft tune heard through his chest as it vibrates with each note change against her ear. She knows he's making it up and that's what makes her love it even more.

They lost shoes a long time ago when she was whisked from her room in the middle of the night. He had pulled her so quick out of the room she didn't even have time to grab them. But for them, it didn't matter, not with the other to walk barefoot beside them.

// Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own //

He hasn't been the most optimistic person in the Glade, his messed up ankle is a clear example. He gave up hope and believed he had nothing left but those walls as an escape. He doesn't have that anymore; he has more.

He daydreams of a future life with her, the two of them safe in a paradise that will make all of this feel worth it. He can picture her nude body sprawled on top of his in their shared bed, both of them covered in sweat and the stench of sex in the air. He can feel years later her enlarged stomach carrying his children against the palm of his hand, as if it's right in front of him.

He's told her of his dream for their future, his hands waving around the air to make symbols that will better his ideas. She sits there and laughs, picturing the same future.

// We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes //

They've fought for their lives. They've seen death at their doorstep yet somehow shut the door. They've seen monsters from your nightmares trying to take their happiness from them but somehow they survive. Somehow they end up hand in hand with their heads high. She'll be his damsel but his knight at the same time. He'll be her protector but needs her protection just as much in return.

// Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight //

As the two of them sway there in the woods, her eyes gently closing as the calm atmosphere puts her to sleep, he smiles. He doesn't want this to change, not one thing. He wants to keep holding his angel to his chest, his heart happier than it had ever been. To him, this is perfect.