Newt // Peeping Tom *REQUEST*

* This was requested by @Amaana_88
Thank you for being patient and I'm sorry it took so long! And just for a heads up, I do not plan to write a second part to this. *

(Y/N) was used to being around boys twenty-four seven. She was used to eating with them even if they were little pigs, used to watching them run around in dirt until their skin was an entire shade darker and used to their drilling eyes since she was the only girl here. Even though she was used to it, she still took precaution against them.

Showering was never an easy task for the girl. She either had boys peeking into her stall just to get a glimpse of her nude body or her clothes were stolen while she was in the shower with the boys waiting behind the curtain expecting to see a show. She only trusted one person to help her when she showered: Newt.

"Hey Newt?" She had already asked him a bunch of times to do this for her but she was still nervous every time. It wasn't every day a boy (a handsome boy might she add) kept watch of the bathroom while she showered only a few feet from him.

Newt smiled when he saw the girl walking towards him after a long day of work and their quick meal. He was always happy to help her, so he replied, "Need something love?"

The girl ignored her cheeks wanting to flare up and was able to sputter out what she needed to ask him. "Um can you come keep watch of the bathhouse for me? I need to shower and I trust you to guard the door." Newt's heart swelled when she told him she trusted him and he instantly agreed.

The pair walked to the bathhouse where her stuff was already laid out. All she needed of him was to stand at the door and make sure none of the boys came inside. It was easy.

"Thanks again for this," she said as she switched the water on to let it warm up a little bit. She left the curtain and started slipping her shoes and socks off to set them beside her things. She was about to pull her shirt over her head when she noticed Newt's eyes glazed over on her, as if he was stuck in a daze.

"Uh Newt? Can you, um, turn around?" Newt broke out of his daydream and mumbled an apology while spinning around to face the door. She laughed and said something about him being adorable as she pulled the rest of her clothes off and hopped into the shower.

"You can talk to me, you know," she called out after a few minutes of showering in silence. It almost felt awkward to have him just standing there saying nothing.

"What do you want me to talk about?"

The girl laughed again, thinking this boy could not get any cuter than he already is. "Just tell me about your day."

"You were there for all of it. We have the same job," he chuckled but began telling her about everything he did that day anyway.

The pair talked for the rest of her shower or at least until steam filled the room from the hot water. She switched the water off and poked her head out just enough to see where Newt was looking. Honestly she didn't mind if he looked just because she trusted this boy more than anyone else in the entire Glade but she still requested him to leave. She asked for him to bring her back her hairbrush because one, she forgot it and two, she wanted to change back into her clean clothes without him in the room.

He left only a second after she asked, in a hurry to do what she asked. Laughing again, the girl left the stall to change. The clothes weren't actually clean but instead hadn't been worn for a few days to air out. Unfortunately, the Glade didn't have a washer and dryer so this was all they had to work with.

She had already fastened her bra onto her chest and pulled her underwear up her legs when the door flung open. She screeched and dove to grab the towel lying beside her on the floor. Newt stood in the door way, the hairbrush falling out of his hand. His jaw was on the floor as he stared at the half naked girl in front of him; he was frozen in shock.

"Newt! Get out!" (Y/N) screamed and wrapped the towel around her body to shield it from his wide eyes.

He shook his head lightly and seemed to break out of his daze, again. He screamed an apology and kicked the hairbrush into the room so that he could close the door behind him as he ran out. The two stood frozen on opposite sides of the door, their hearts racing in their chest at the embarrassing moment that just happened.

(Y/N) was quick to get the rest of her clothes on and brushed through her dripping hair. She knew that Newt hadn't meant to see her changing but that didn't make it any less embarrassing for the young girl.

She opened the door once she was finished only to see a startled Newt standing right in front of it. "(Y/N), I am so sorry! I thought you would be done changing by then so I just opened the door." Newt was spewing out apologies that she felt weren't needed.

"Newt," she said in a calming tone to calm down the panicking boy. "It's alright. It was an accident and I'm not holding it against you."

Newt kept his gaze on the ground when he felt too uncomfortable to look into her eyes. He didn't want to admit it but he thought her body was beautiful regardless of what she thought about it. She had his perfect body type, the same curves and edges he imagined in his perfect girl.

"Um (Y/N)?" He spoke nervously and fiddled with his fingers. "I thought... I thought you were beautiful." It was the girls turn to blush, heat filling her cheeks and a nervous laugh escaping her lips. This for sure wasn't how she thought this conversation would go.

"Thank you," she replied. Newt had built up enough courage to lift his head and make eye contact with her. "I think it's only fair that if you saw me like that then I get to see you like that." Newt's eyes widened slightly before a smirk took over his face even if he knew she was just doing this to tease him.

"Saw her like what?" Both Gladers heads shot towards the voice. Minho was holding a towel in his arm to take a shower and must have heard the pair talking. He looked between each of their flushed faces before piecing everything together.

He gasped. "You peeping Tom! You saw her naked, didn't you!?" Minho was screaming so Newt threw his hand over Minho's face to keep from letting the other Gladers hear him. Newt whined and ripped his arm back when Minho's tongue brushed over his hand to get him to let go.

"It was an accident!" (Y/N) tried defending Newt but Minho wasn't having it. He threw his head back in laughter before dropping the towel and running towards the Homestead where the other boys were. "Hey everyone! Newt was spying on (Y/N)!"

Newt and (Y/N) sighed deeply, praying that somehow Minho would spontaneously combust so that they wouldn't have to figure a way to solve this issue. Newt knew that surely once Alby heard Minho that he would be sent to the pit.

They stared at the Runner as he dashed across the Glade continuing to scream things about Newt until their heads turned to each other. The simple accident was blown out of proportion because of a certain Runner that the pair was planning to get revenge on.