Newt // Taste of Your Own Medicine *REQUEST*

* This was requested by @A5Bloodyinspireme Thank you for being patient with me and I hope you like it! *

Newt and (Y/N) had been together for over 2 years in the 3 years they had been in the Glade. Everybody knew that the two of them would end up together after seeing how quickly they developed a friendship after she arrived. They were the sweetest couple the Gladers could possibly imagine. Bearing this in mind, the two have only had one disagreement in the entire time they had been there based on one issue: jealousy.

Newt trusted (Y/N) with everything but that didn't mean it was easy for him to watch his girl hang around a Glade of only 50 boys. It wasn't her fault that she was the only girl but he still got jealous every time a new greenie would kiss up to her thinking first, that none of the other boys had already tried that and second, that she was even interested. She always let him give the "stay away from her" talk because she found his jealousy adorable. That was until she got a taste.

Teresa was the second girl to come up into the box, almost 3 years after (Y/N) came up. The girl was flawless and even became good friends with (Y/N) once she got to know her. Teresa had her eyes on Thomas and he had his eyes on her, but (Y/N) still felt her blood boil when Newt and her were alone together.

Newt and (Y/N) didn't fight. If they had an issue, they would calmly talk about it so that an argument wouldn't ensue that could potentially ruin everything they've built together. Instead they made snarky comments when the other would come back to them after hanging out with someone else. They hated it but they were teenagers, it was practically inevitable.

"You two seemed friendly," Newt remarked, spite in his voice as he eyed the boy you were just talking to. He had asked for your help even though there was a Glade full of stronger boys who could have done the job just as well if not better.

"Yeah I guess that's what happens when two people are friends," she replied with a grin. "You're too jealous Newt. I told you I don't want to be with anyone else but you." (Y/N) could have been put in front of any guy in the entire world and to her, none of them would compare to her Newt. She wanted him and only him, especially after being together for 2 years.

"You do the same thing too love," he chuckled. "Every time I'm around Teresa you hate it. I know you do."

"Yeah but I'm not as bad as you. I bet I can handle you around Teresa more than you can handle me around any of the other boys."

Newt's eyebrows rose. "Is that a challenge? You really think I'm more jealous than you are, then let's prove it."

"Fine!" (Y/N) wanted to prove him wrong so she put her hand out to shake on the deal. Part of her didn't like this but the other side of her was up for a challenge and wanted to win.

"Fine!" Newt forcefully shook her hand, feeling exactly the same as she feels about this whole thing.

The two fell into an awkward silence, unsure how this competition was supposed to start. Newt put his arm back around her shoulder before saying, "we can start this later. I just wanna sit here with you." The pair laughed and went back to cuddling under the big tree while they waited for dinner to be served, their competition starting another time.

-----

"Teresa, your hair's a mess. Here, let me fix it," Newt made the remark while the rest of them were waiting in line for their meals. He then reached his hand up to brush a few pieces of her hair behind her ear, his fingers lingering on her cheek. Thomas, who was standing just behind the pair, knew all about (Y/N) and Newt's competition but that didn't mean he was okay with Teresa being caught in the middle.