Newt AU // Remember Me *REQUEST*

* This was also requested by @SushiBoat

I didn't realize it was you who requested it until now haha! I hope you like it! Also just know everyone is older in this *

The girl woke up unaware of her surroundings. The thin white sheet on her bed and the bright florescent lights on the ceiling were both unfamiliar to her. She didn't even know how she got here.

What she did know was that she was in a hospital room. It wasn't her first time in a hospital and she had seen enough movies and tv to know what one looked like. What really gave it away though was the constant beeping of the heart monitor to her right that she was sure would never be inside her house.

As she looked around the room, panic set in when she realized she couldn't remember a thing. How she got here, why she was here and who brought her in was all blank in her mind. Only one thing stood out in all the emptiness though. She knew her name was (Y/N).

"You're awake," a woman said breathlessly at the door, shocked to see her awake after being in a coma for two months. The nurse set down the clipboard she was holding, probably to check the girls vitals, and called for a doctor to come into the room.

The nurse immediately noticed the sudden spike in heartbeat as the girl panicked in the bed and tried calming her down. It took a little while but she was able to get the girl calm enough to wait for the doctor.

"I'm glad to see my favorite patient is doing well," the female doctor said as she entered the room. (Y/N) was too confused about this whole thing that she couldn't even come up with the first question she wanted to ask.

"Look I know this is all confusing," the doctor started, "but everything will be alright. You are in good hands."

(Y/N) let the doctor mess with each of the machines she was attached to without saying a word. She trusted that these doctors would take care of her but she also wanted answers. She figured she could wait.

"I'm sure that boy downstairs will be over the moon once he sees you're awake. He's only left a handful of times when someone has to push him out the door," the nurse chuckled to make the girl feel better.

Her eyebrows furrowed. "What boy?"

Both the doctor and the nurse exchanged looks. The doctor then stopped what she was doing and gave the girl her full attention. She had only seen this a few times in her many years of her profession and it always made her stomach churn with nerves.

"(Y/N), what do you remember?"

The girls eyes darted around for a few seconds to pry her brain for memories or at least a single memory. Her eyes watered as she looked back up at the doctor frightened.

"I-I-I can't remember anything," the girl cried, her hand placed over her mouth as she choked out a sob.

The doctor quickly calmed her down and told her everything about what happened, including the car accident she was in and how the process of memory loss would affect her. She then said she would bring up the boy from downstairs to hopefully jog any memories.

It only took a few minutes for the boy to arrive and he already had tears rolling down his cheeks when he came in. He stood right beside her bed to take her hands in his own.

"I was so scared you would never wake up. You've been asleep for 2 months, angel." The girl was both surprised by the British accent accompanying his voice and the pet-name he chose.

He sighed, as if his hope drained. "The doctor said you lost your memory but I hoped it would ware off when you saw me."

"Who are you?"