Whitey // Letters *REQUEST*

* I've been ask a few times to write another Whitey imagine so here it is. The idea came from my dear friend SushiBoat

Enjoy! Whitey Winn is the character Thomas Brodie Sangster plays in the tv show Godless *

(Y/N) woke up feeling cold, well colder than usual in the hot town of La Belle, New Mexico. She instantly realized the absent body heat that usually was keeping her warm at night, as was the space that was supposed to be filled by a lanky blond. In his place, however, was a small piece of parchment. The girl picked up the delicate piece and smiled when she noticed the familiar handwriting scribbled in ink.

Morning Darling. I wish I could have stayed with you in bed but Sheriff needed me this morning. Go and see Mary. She has something for you.
Love, Whitey

Smiling wide, the girl was quick to slip out of her nightgown and change into her days clothes so she could follow the directions Whitey had given her. Whitey was an adventurous boy, always running off to find the next thrill of his life but to him, she was the most exciting part of his life.

(Y/N) wasn't a stranger to the house occupied by one Mary Agnes but it still was a little shocking to see Callie living with her. (Y/N) and Whitey were very supportive of their relationship, always comparing the sweet love story to their own and vice versa. Even in a town like this, everyone deserved some form of a happy ending, which is what Mary and Callie were trying to do.

"Morning (Y/N)," Mary invited the younger girl into her home, offering her a treat Callie had made. "I see you've read Whitey's first letter then?"

(Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows. "First? You mean there's more?"

Callie came up behind Mary and whispered softly so that (Y/N) wouldn't hear, "don't ruin the surprise." Mary smirked and pulled out an identical piece of paper to hand it to (Y/N) who took it despite how confusing this whole exchange seemed.

"Good luck," Mary told her and shooed her out of their home without another word. A little fazed by what just happened, the girl carefully read over the words on the card, smiling when she recognized the handwriting once again.

That's my smart girl. Glad you're willing to try out this little game of mine. The game continues at my work where you'll find another letter hidden right where I hide my goodies.
Love, Whitey

(Y/N) smiled widely again, realizing that Whitey was sending her on some kind of treasure hunt with different stops along the way. She was happy as well that Whitey even mentioned the secret stash of treats she makes for him that he hides in his desk.

The next few hours went by with the young girl running all over La Belle in search of this final letter where hopefully, Whitey would be waiting. He had planned this thing out for weeks (along with Mary's help of course) so he strategically left himself enough time to set everything up while (Y/N) hunted down the letters, and to his luck, it worked perfectly. There were only a few minutes Whitey had to spare before she showed up at her old family home.

Her parents were in on the plan Whitey made and helped him decorate their house with candles and flowers growing deep in the woods that were further away from their town. They were to give her the last letter before this game would end.

"Hi Mama," the girl said when she saw it was her old home that the letter had led her to. Her mother and father were sitting kindly in the pair of rocking chairs on their front porch, smirks covering their lips as they knew what was about to happen to their little girl in a few short moments. Her mother got up first to hand the letter to her daughter, pressing a kiss to her forehead and wishing her luck.

This is your last letter, little missy. There's just one more thing for you to do: come see me inside.
Love, Whitey

(Y/N) was hesitant to enter her house, nerves taking over after she came to the conclusion of why she was here. It didn't scare her in the slightest but instead made her so excited that she was shaking. Upon entering her home, she gasped as she took in the candle and flower decorations that were placed all over the room.

"I knew you'd find me," Whitey's voice called out to her from her right side. He had his typical sly smirk only this time his eyes sparkled with the two beautiful views in front of him: the decorations and his girlfriend.

"You had any doubt that I wouldn't?" The two chuckled, the atmosphere of the room still filled with love.

Whitey took both of the girl's hands after setting all of the letters she had collected onto the closest countertop and brought her to the center of the room where there was a small patch on the ground without flowers. (Y/N) knew it was coming, but she still gasped and began crying when Whitey dropped down to one knee.

"I have known you in this town for my whole life, even remember stories of the two of us sharing a bath when we were really little. You became my girl when we were a lot older though but I've still loved every moment of it. You've stuck by me even when I stay up practicing my shooting for hours or if I haven't had a bath in a few days and I stink." Whitey laughed again to ease his nerves and pulled out a small silver ring from his pocket. "I want you to be Mrs. Winn. Will you marry me?"

The girl was at a loss for words so she nodded enthusiastically until Whitey slipped the ring onto her finger and pulled her face gently into his for a kiss. The two were happy in their own little world of love until Whitey decided to ask, "Can I call you Wifey Winn?"

She laughed, already understanding how crazy and fun he would make their marriage. She pressed her fingers to his chin and raised his face.

"Only if you teach me some more of that shooting you can do. I can't get the twirling down." The girl went to mimic how she sees Whitey twirling his guns but was frozen when Whitey leaned in to kiss her again.

"I think you got yourself a deal." They got up from the floor and went outside, ready to announce to all of La Belle that they would one day soon become husband and wife.