Newt // Traitor (Alternative Ending)

* Here's the alternative ending. I started it with a few chapters from the second part but it does change less than half way through. I hope it's not too confusing. I hope you all like it and good luck not crying. I actually did and I've never cried at my writing before! *

WARNING: this could be possibly triggering because of the ending so don't read if you can't handle death *

"Where is she?" Was the first thing the boy asked.

Thomas was able to get his friend sane enough for a few seconds to tell him (Y/N) brought him the cure and inject it into his right arm with the most blackened veins. It took a couple minutes for the cure to spread through his body and dissipate the buzzing in his mind and itching inside of his veins, not like they had anywhere to be while they waited for Gally and Minho to return with a cure that they didn't need anymore.

"She's... I don't know. She turned around and-" Thomas tried calmly explaining to his friend. Guilt crawled into the boys mind as he thought back to how he let the girl walk off without him even batting an eyelash. He should have tried harder.

"Tommy," the newly cured boy hissed as if the cure was never administered. He gripped the front of the boy's shirt and wildly pulled his face down until Thomas could see Newt's eyes clearly. "You tell me right now where she bloody went or I'll blow your brains out."

Thomas could only stare at his friend with wide eyes. He had never threatened him before, even when he screamed at him a few times while the flare was eating away at his brain. Thomas could only hope that this anger was only temporary as the cure continued to travel through his bloodstream.

"She went back towards WICKED. She told me to take care of you and then turned around," Thomas croaked out in fear of saying the wrong thing. He wasn't sure how stable Newt was so anything might cause the boy to actually use the gun he had just mentioned.

A low growl sounded in the back of Newt's throat as he pushed his arms off the ground to stand up. His weak body needed Thomas's help to get to his feet and even then he could only hold half of it while Thomas carried the other half.

"Take me to her," Newt croaked. He hobbled forward while using his little bit of energy to drag Thomas forward and get him to take control instead. Thomas didn't think this was a good idea, walking back into the center of the city while it was being burned to the ground, but if this was what Newt wanted, he'd do it. He owed him that much.

Thomas carried most of Newt's weight on his side since Newt was becoming sleepier as each second went by. He figured the cure would knock him out for it to completely heal him but Newt was fighting it until he could find (Y/N). Maybe then he'll let himself sleep when he knows she's safe.

Most of the city was on fire as they walked through it. Buildings that they passed while sneaking inside were engulfed in flames that gave off a strong wave of heat that added to their sluggish walk. All of this seemed to be a waste until Newt's eye was caught on a flash of (Y/H/C). A girl dashed out of one building only seconds before it collapsed and across the street into another. Her face was darkened a shade with the smoke filling the air from all of the fire but Newt could still make out who it was, his girl.

"Go faster." Newt pushed Thomas faster towards the building they saw the girl run into which was on their side of the street. The building was actually an abandoned office filled with tables flipped onto their sides as a blockade from the gunfire at the door, the bullet holes the defining factor, and paperwork covering the floor as if it was carpet. The pair found the girl hunched over a table with her hands buried in her hair as she caught her breath.