Newt // Rain *REQUEST*

* This was requested by PrincessofPugs
Thank you for being so patient with me! I really liked this one and I hope you all do too! *

The girl started her day smiling at everyone as she passed by. She wasn't sure why but she could sense that today was going to be a good day. It might have been the gray sky above her head or the fact that her sweet little brother had saved her an extra piece of bacon when she came to breakfast.

She was happy in the glade, contrary to what others think or felt. She spent her days gardening away besides her closest friends before spending the night laughing with other friends and ending her days gently swaying in her hammock amongst her friends again. It seemed that her friends were the main cause of her solace in this place.

A part of her knew that it must have had to be because of her little brother more than anything though. She was fortunate enough to have a memory, not just a memory but a living piece of her past that none of the other boys seemed to have. Plus, he was as sweet as candy.

Chuck knew instantly that the older girl staring down at him in the dark metal cage was his sister. It wasn't just the similarities in appearance but the memory that appeared in his head the moment he saw her. Thankfully for the both of them, she had the same memory. It wasn't one specific memory that they had; it was a collection that brought waves of nostalgia upon them as they thought back to a time over two years ago when the siblings had been together.

From that day forward, the girl was almost never seen without her shadow. She was the one who showed him around the glade on his first day and explained every question he asked and that she could answer. She made it her mission to get him to fit in here since they were the outcasts of the group (she was a girl and he was the youngest).

Although they did want to spend all of their time together, they were not given the same job. (Y/N) had been working alongside her best friend Newt since her first week here so she was set in her job, but Chuck just couldn't keep up. Chuck became a slopper, much to his sister's discontent, but he found he was actually pretty good at cleaning up the place. Nevertheless, every free second they had was spent together.

(Y/N) was busy as usual in the gardens making small talk with her friends around her. She and Newt were busy sharing ties to wrap the vines around the poles but she still noticed the sky quickly becoming dark. A smile spread across her face as the first raindrop fell on her cheek.

She immediately scanned over the glade in search of her brother and found him rushing over to her, the same smile mirrored on his face. It was days like this that made the siblings the most happy. They loved the rain even though most of the other gladers hated it. Even Newt beside her grumbled something about losing a day's worth of work because of the rain but she ignored it and ran over to Chuck.

"I thought this day would never come," she exaggerated when they met up in the middle. Rain wasn't often, even in a field full of crops in desperate need for water, so on days like this, it was a special occasion.

The siblings sat down on the log right beside their feet and looked up at the sky as they waited for it to open up and pour down on them. Slowly but surely the rain gradually fell harder and harder until the heavy drops of rain soaked their hair and clothes.

Chuck got up first and started jumping around in the rain. He accidently jumped into a few mud puddles where he would apologize to his sister but continued jumping anyway. She just laughed it off and stared up at the sky, inviting the cooling drops to slide over her warm skin.

Rain was calming to her. If anything, it felt normal in a place that wasn't. She knew the sky wasn't real since nobody had honestly ever seen the sun or stars up there, but the rain made it feel real. If she closed her eyes, she could pretend she was somewhere safe outside of the glade.