Newt // I've Loved You For Ages *REQUEST*

* This was requested by @Safety_pinned_heart
It's different than my usual writing style but I love it. Enjoy! *

At age 10, Newt was introduced to (Y/N). The boy was overwhelmed by everything that had happened in the last few weeks—losing both of his parents, being taken along with his sister to a facility called WICKED, being forced to change his name to Newt—so when he saw a little girl crying alone, he could only sympathize with her.

Newt was hesitant as he approached, not wanting to startle her like if she were a grazing deer, but she hadn't even noticed him over her crying until he was sitting to her right. The girl wasn't too much younger than him, maybe a year or so, but the way she immediately wiped her tears away and pretended she was alright made her seem many years older.

She explained why she was crying as soon as he asked, telling him she was scared because she hadn't known where her mother or father had gone after they dropped her off with a tall women in white. She just wanted to go home.

Knowing there was nothing he could do, Newt wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly, hoping the hug would string together the broken pieces of her tiny heart. She accepted the hug while hearing Newt whisper in her ear, "I'm here. I'll always be here."

At age 15, Newt confessed he had a crush (Y/N). The pair were members of the Glade for many months before Newt worked up the courage to tell her his hidden feelings. Newt had been pestering Alby all day with his worries fueled by jealousy over the new boy getting too close to his girl and Alby had had enough. He basically threatened to tell her himself of Newt's feelings if he didn't do it that night and the threats worked, causing the boy to haphazardly scream out his confession.

The girl, although not seeing it coming, was beyond happy to hear his words and pressed both of her hands to his cheeks to crash their lips together. The kiss didn't last long though because of the hollers and cheers from the Gladers around them who were sick of watching the pair long for each other. That was the beginning of their relationship.

At age 17, Newt almost died in front of (Y/N). Newt was infected with the Flare virus, a deadly disease that corrupted the kindest people into vile creatures that ravaged on human skin. He was quickly getting worse and worse all throughout the mission to rescue Minho from WICKED but the serum was too far away.

The young boy believed that was to be his last day alive, so he wrote her a heartfelt and long letter with details of everything he ever wanted to tell her, every beautiful word written like poetry to convey his deep feelings for her and every thank you he wished for her to know about. He wanted her to know everything after he died.

Luckily, (Y/N) got him the serum in time, running through the battlefields of WICKED soldiers against Lawrence's army and even ending up shot in the shoulder because of it. For her, it was worth it because it saved the love of her life.

As Newt was unconscious on the berg floor, the serum pumping through his veins to destroy every cell of the sickness, (Y/N) lied beside him with his head in her lap. She brushed her fingers through his tangled and damp hair, whispering so only he could here, "I'm here. I'll always be here."

At age 21, Newt married (Y/N). The Safe Haven was decorated nicely with candles and flower petals covering the makeshift aisle made just for her. Most of the Safe Haven members attended the wedding either because the wedding made their lives seem normal for a minute or because they had grown to like (Y/N) and Newt as friends.

Frypan walked her down the aisle to music sung by some of the girls since there were obviously no instruments to play the music. Newt stood at the end of the aisle, tears cascading down his cheeks the moment he saw his beautiful bride clad in the white dress they found.