Will // Dying Inside to Hold You *REQUEST*

* This was requested by @aReM_23
Thank you for being patient. I changed your request a little but I didn't want to write for Dylan. I didn't give it a particularly "happy" ending but I like it so don't hate me! *

High school was a breeze for (Y/N). She went through each of her classes without a hitch, taking every note the teacher wrote on the board and then some, and aced every test she took because of long study hours. The thing that made it difficult was the people.

She was one of the smartest girls in her class but that also meant she was one of the shyest, never engaging in a conversation unless A), she had already known the person or B), they invited her to join. What made it even worse was watching her ex-best friends hang around without her.

Growing up she was teased for only having guy friends but Will, Dylan and Thomas always treated her with utmost kindness that none of the girls seemed to show her. For reasons unknown, when the beginning of their senior year began, the boys wanted nothing to do with her anymore, leaving her utterly alone in the large school.

Today was particularly hard for her, being it was an already rough day and seeing her ex-friends gathered coincidently right behind her in line of her favorite café. It wasn't until she noticed the girl hanging closer to Thomas that her heart snapped in two.

Thomas was always her favorite, and dare she say she had a little crush on the blond headed British exchange student. He was regularly asking (Y/N) to hang out on their free days and made sure she never felt out of place for being the only girl in the group. That's why the end of their friendship hit the hardest when he didn't stand up for her.

As (Y/N) reached for a bottle of soda unfortunately right in front of the boys, she heard one of the pair call out her name.

"(Y/N)? Wow, is it really you?" Dylan had been the one to ask but Will looked just as curious as the dark haired boy was.

Cursing under her breath for not waiting to grab a drink at the counter, she spun around with a fake smile curling her lips. "Yeah it's me. I haven't seen you guys in ages."

And thus sparked a long conversation that (Y/N) was hoping to avoid yet she found she loved it. The boys apologized for abandoning her at the beginning of the year and asked if they could rekindle their friendship if it wasn't too late. Thankfully for them, she missed them just as much as they missed her.

At the end of their time together, (Y/N) hugged both boys, finding it too awkward to hug either the girl, named Liz, or Thomas, who had been rather silent the whole time she was there. She was just about to walk out the door when someone ran after her.

"(Y/N)!" Spinning around, she saw someone unexpected catching up to her. "Will?"

The boy slowed in front of her and nervously wrung his fingers together. "Umm look I'm sorry again for how we left things before but I want us to be friends again. I was-I was wondering if you could give me your number," Will noticed her scrunched up eyebrows and added, "you know, so we can keep in touch. I really want to be a part of your life again, (Y/N)."

The girl smiled widely, missing the boy's silly jokes and fun times so much so that she gave in and quickly scribbled her number on a napkin. Will hugged her again, thanked her and then returned to his seat where he watched her walk past the window to head home.

Thomas, albeit with a girl to his left, was furious at the smitten look glazing his friend's eyes as he watched (Y/N) walk away. He didn't register the words coming out of his mouth until after he asked them. "What's with that look?"

Will didn't seem bothered by his friend's icy tone and instead showed her phone number written in black ink on the unused napkin. He smiled to it, hoping this might be a new era for him. "I think I'm gonna ask (Y/N) to go out with me."