Newt // Bitten (Pt.2) *REQUEST*

* So I originally was going to make the Bitten imagine into 2 parts but nobody seemed to want another one so I left it as is until I was asked about it in the comments so here is the part 2. Also I'm going to change a little bit what happens to a person when they're bitten by a crank because I think it'll make more sense for the story. *

The rest of that day was chaotic. Alby was furious that we had let that thing into the Glade instead of killing it out in the maze, the Med-jacks didn't have pretty much any medicine to heal the large bite on George's leg and Newt banned me from ever stepping foot back into the maze. Plus, Alby didn't know what to do with the boy's body now that he was dead.

A Keepers meeting was called so that some kind of decision could be drawn up. Alby didn't want all of the Gladers there since he wanted to come up with a plan before informing all of the boys, not that they didn't sit outside of the Council Hall to wait for them to finish.

The meeting started with every Keeper (minus Clint who was dealing with George at the moment) letting Minho explain everything that had happened in the maze from the moment we found the new opening to when I found the hidden note. Then arguments broke out.

"All you shut it!" Alby screamed over the bantering boys. "We are not sure what that thing was or what it will do to George since it bit him but there will be order here. The Med-jacks will take care of George while the rest of us figure out what to tell those shanks outside." He then asked for any suggestions of ideas and Gally was quick to put in his two cents.

"I say we tell them it was a griever. Nobody here has ever seen one so they won't know it's not true." A few Keepers nodded to agree with Gally.

"So what do we do with George? I know I'm just the cook but we don't have the kind of supplies for that bite," Frypan added. The boy in the maze had managed to rip off a chunk of George's skin and none of our supplies could fix that.

"We do what we can," Alby said sternly before any other Keeper would have a chance to give an idea. "We use our supplies to try and help him."

"And if we can't?" Stan, the Keeper of Raisers asked.

"We'll worry about that buggin' problem if it happens. For right now, I don't wanna hear any more klunk about somebody dying, alright?" Alby suddenly was fuming at the Keeper even though it was a perfectly rational question.

"What do we do with the body?" I asked, remembering the moment I had to kill that thing. I was protecting the Glade, but a part of me still felt as if I had killed another person, no matter how deadly they were.

The room was quiet for a while, nobody honestly knowing what to do with it. In all of the months we've been here, nothing has happened to any of the boys that we would need to bury them.

"Bury it with the bones in the woods," said Alby, mentioning the animal bones Winston would bury after he would kill and carve one of the animals for meat.

"Who's gonna do that job?" Zart happened to ask.

"I'm making a new job. A group that will bag any dead animal or boy and bury them in the woods. For now, it'll be the Slicers job until I can find anybody willing to do it themselves." Winston nodded knowing that this was now a part of his job as Keeper of Slicers. "If nobody has anything else they would like to add then this meeting is over."

The Keepers left the Council Hall to tell the other Gladers sitting outside the lie we made up until we had any actual thing to tell them. Hopefully, they would believe it.

-----

None of us were sure what was going to happen to George but it wasn't this. Over the past couple days he's changed. He has progressively gotten worse and more aggressive. It started off with snapping at every person he's talked to but today it got even worse.