Newt // Low *REQUEST*

* This was requested by @newtvxz
Thank you for being so patient with me and I changed it a little bit but I hope you like it!

WARNING: overall feelings of sadness and mentions of suicide. Don't read if that might trigger you! *

(Y/N) could feel something wasn't right. There was this uncomfortable feeling in her gut that told her something bad was going to happen today. Unfortunately, she didn't listen to her gut but instead went about her day with the worry tucked away in the back of her mind.

It was later on that day that she realized exactly why she was feeling off. Alby's screams were heard over the normal chatter of the Glade, turning every head towards the direction of the maze doors. Most of the boys ran towards their leader but the girl was frozen in place as she noticed what, or more specifically who, was lying unconscious over Alby's shoulder...Newt.

It wasn't until the strongest Gladers had carried Newt towards the Med-hut that she broke out of her daze, instantly running after her best friend who was now being gently lifted onto an empty cot. Clint and Jeff were at his side in a flash to begin treating his mangled foot while Alby directed the boys to leave the room since (Y/N) fought hard to stay. She wasn't leaving his side until he woke up.

"What—what happened?" (Y/N) was having a hard time speaking but Alby knew what she was asking anyways.

Alby swallowed deeply, unable to meet her watery gaze. "He jumped, (Y/N)."

The girl's chest tightened until she had to press her hand against it as she felt actual physical pain. The air seemed to be taken from her lungs as she looked back down at Newt, her heart breaking in her chest as if someone had taken a hammer to it.

How could he do that? She thought. Well, she knew that the Glade wasn't easy nor was it a pleasure at times, but she couldn't understand how he could think to do that to her?

Trying to push those dangerous thoughts from her head, (Y/N) took Newt's hand in her own, pressing soft kissing along his calloused hand. "I'm not leaving you, Newt. I promise."

-----

The girl did keep her promise and stayed by his side for the next three days until he woke up. Clint and Jeff were able to patch up his leg enough to stop the bleeding but they couldn't reshape his leg into the proper shape without real medical tools. For now, Newt would have a permanent limp.

Newt woke up suddenly in the heat of the day, panic setting in before the pain in his ankle did. The swelling had gone down drastically but the ache would be there for a while. Newt was trying to sit up when (Y/N) gently pushed him back down.

"Hey, it's alright. You're okay. Don't move so much," (Y/N) told him in a calm voice to keep him from panicking and driving himself into an anxiety attack.

Newt eyed her once over before scanning over the room, his eyes eventually falling on his discolored ankle. It took him only a second for the memories to come back to him in a tidal wave, the view of the maze sky as he fell clear in his mind.

"Newt? Why did you do it?" When Newt didn't answer, she pressed again. "Look I know you hate the maze but you could have come talk to me. Why didn't you?"

Newt didn't answer again but this time he sat up quickly so that she wouldn't have even been able to stop him and pressed his hand over his ankle, wincing as he applied pressure. (Y/N) called to him to stop touching it but he didn't listen.

"I can't help you if you don't talk to me."                     

Newt's head snapped towards hers, a harsh glare settled on his usual calm face. "I don't want your help."